Working on my new set up

Decided to lose the tent so I’d have more space. Hung sheets of Mylar from the lights with clips and rods. Anchored the 800w lights to the ceiling using rope hangers so I can adjust the height as need. I used curtain rods so I can extend the sheets of Mylar out if I need to. I put my veg tent in the walk in closet. Still working the room on it but it’s a start. Also a couple closer pictures of Killer Kush :purple_heart:

8 Likes

Nice looking plants. :+1: :+1:

1 Like

Awesome upgrade. I had a feeling you’d be ditching the tents sooner or later. :100::v:

1 Like

Thanks!

1 Like

Nice plants and a cool little grow space build.

1 Like

Wow those look great

1 Like

Yet again my biggest bud had bud rot. RH staying in 30’s. Constantly running in-line fan and oscillating fan. I even changed my drying area and did a bud wash. Is it just inevitable with big dense buds? Anymore suggestions would be great. Thanks!

1 Like

Honestly I don’t know - once your harvest is done I’d highly recommend thoroughly sanitizing everything in the tent and perhaps even spraying an aerosol sanitizer while your fans are going to get the sanitizer through any hard to reach ducting etc.

I know @merlin44 @JaneQP @Lacewing @Caligurl and many others had abnormally moldy seasons this year, some indoors and some outdoors. Something about our climate this year was just real conducive.

I had some interior bud rot on a large cola in the middle of summer (makes sense to me, high heat, high humidity) but haven’t seen any since then.

2 Likes

@em As @graysin mentioned, I lost two plants to mold and bud rot this time around. I grow indoors and had excellent control of my rH but mold nonetheless.

I sanitized the room with hydrogen peroxide and will inoculate my soil before growing.

2 Likes

So there is no sanitizing outdoors obviously, but my issue wasn’t humidity… it was caterpillar damage. We had a bumper crop of moths this year for whatever reason because I had zero caterpillars last year but this year, every plant except 2 had caterpillar damage that introduces botrytis

2 Likes

Last grow I tried spaying them with trifecta spray but it didn’t help so I didn’t use it this go around. And I had such high hopes for the bud wash. @merlin44 how would you go about inoculating coco? That’s what I’ve been using. @Graysin I will definitely try spraying into the fans and do some more cleaning. It really sucks to have no signs of mold and then finding it during trimming. This strain smells and looks amazing btw!! (Killer Kush by Sweet Seeds).

2 Likes

Yeah, absolutely devastating. Agrowlyte may be a good solution too. It’s possible to wash those buds thoroughly and use them for edibles etc. Personally probably wouldn’t smoke it still just to be safe, but after a wash and a low oven bake, nothing would be alive anymore anyhow.

3 Likes

Same as @Caligurl with my situation
Outdoors …
Caterpillars/cabbage looper moth gave me bud rot …I’m very proactive and all over my plants daily so I just cut it out
However 1 plant was pulled early because it was just becoming too much to lose …and truthfully I still harvested pretty dense developed buds

I’m also indoors now and will probably not introduce any humidity into my tent during flower

I’m also positive on caligurl’s info on the moths this year …this was like 2 days ago …same caterpillar/moth just the color of what it’s eating

Needless to say I won’t be planting cosmos around my property anymore …kind of glad it hasn’t dropped and spread seeds

4 Likes

No need to inoculate coco…I grow in soil and I believe that mold spores come in with the soil sometimes. Coco should not have any spores.

1 Like

Losing the battle with bud rot, but I’m still proud of them :purple_heart:

3 Likes

I really have no experience with coco but I would rinse the coco with hydrogen peroxide or some other fungicide. That is what I will do with my soil. After inoculation I will add a heavy dose of healthy microbes to help make the nutrients available to my plants.

I am going to try this stuff for the first time when I start my next grow in the coming week or so.

This post may be late to the party. I posted this after your “like” @JaneQP, I failed to look at the date. I am having “Old Guy Syndrome”.

1 Like

LOL. I suffer the same syndrome!

1 Like

Congratulations on your “Valued Member” award. Well deserved.

Again, late to the party.

1 Like

Update: Dry weight for Killer Kush 5oz, Dark Devil 7 oz, Zkittlez 9oz, Jack 47 (2nd plant) 8 oz, Gelato right under 8 oz. I never weighted out the 1st Jack 47 but it seems to be on par with the rest. The Zkittlez was unfortunately pretty larfy but it was a lot of plant. That will be my last grow without topping.

1 Like