WonkaMan’s Grow Log

Yours could be twins of my two plants. Our grows will be in lock step for the next four months.

2 Likes

I wasn’t going to post a photo update since they’re still so tiny, but then I saw the photo above of those little alfafa sprouts, and changed my mind.

Day 11 from sprout

Happy weekend!

3 Likes

Very nice…quite a change since your previous photo of them. They will take off this week.

1 Like

Hey long time no see can’t wait to see your grow

2 Likes

Good to see you too, @ThcinKC! 'Hope all’s well with you.

3 Likes

The beginning feels painfully slow, but they’re alive and in up-potted into their forever homes.

There were roots creeping out, all over, from those solo cups. And the starter soil in there wasn’t very rich, so I’m hoping they are happier now, and soaking up the yummies from their FFOF soil and getting ready for a growth spurt… so I can top 'em.

3 Likes

They look like they are ready to really take off. Nice job @WonkaMan.

2 Likes

Thanks @merlin44. They’re still tiny little things and don’t seem to have grown much in the espoma soil in the solo cups. Do you go straight to FFOF in solo cups? Your plants are much bushier than these little things, though I’m hoping they’ll do better now. (I feel like previous grows made more progress in 3 weeks.)

3 Likes

I mix FFOF with some low nutrient starter soil from a local nursery for the solo cups. I put them in FFOF for both the 1-gallon and 10-gallon pots. I start them at a ppfd of about 300 and gradually increase that to about 450 by the time the get moved to 1-gallon pots. They have been in 1-gallon pots for 6 days and I increased the ppfd to my veg target value of 700+ yesterday.

Good luck getting your plants into high gear.

2 Likes

Thanks for the tips, @merlin44! I haven’t started adding Roots Organic nutrients yet, but will start with some FF Big Bloom soon. Be well!

4 Likes

These plants are definitely off to a slower start than past grows, but they’re chugging along pretty nicely now. I topped them last week (SLH on the 24th and GL on the 26th), so they’ve been recovering from that, and working on the root zone and growing their two new primary nodes.

This is day 32 since sprout.

And here’s a close up Golden Leaf’s new stalks.

We’re getting there. Today I turned on the second grow light in my 2’ x4’ tent, so they each have their own light; which means I had to turn on the exhaust fan as well. The temperature is holding at about 77*, but the rh has fallen from about 70% to the mid-40s.

3 Likes

Your plants look great @WonkaMan. Our plants are exactly the same age and look very similar, yours may be just a bit larger.

2 Likes

Thanks @merlin44. But your bushes are definitely bigger than my small growths. They’ll get there, but likely won’t ever catch up to yours. Not a race though, so I’m not worried. By sometime in April, I suspect, we’ll both be sittin’ pretty :grin: I do like it when these little critters get bigger and bushier!

2 Likes

Looking good in there!

2 Likes

They are looking a bit more like proper plants now (with a couple of wonky leaves, as usual).

These are (clearly used) 7-gallon smart pots. This week I’ve started adding Roots Organics Uprising Grow dry fertilizer with my feedings, as well as Fox Farms Big Bloom and Cal Mag.

I got a bit frustrated with my RO set up (wasting a lot of water) and got rid of that. We have a well. Now I’m drawing water from between our berm filter and water softener, and so far this doesn’t seem to be upsetting these plants. (I did use one gallon of distilled water at the outset for germination and seedlings.)

Happy weekend!

3 Likes

Your plants look really great @WonkaMan plus I really like your system for supporting them. Very nicely done!

Edit: All of my pots have been used many times.

3 Likes

Used pots seem to grow just as good as new. Plants look great to me! :seedling:

3 Likes

Thanks Merlin! So far, so good. Yeah, this shelf handy for catching the run-off. But I have a long way to go (and won’t even try) to match the control center that it your grow room! As long as the plants don’t freeze, suffocate, have light and some CO2 and O, I figure I should be able to supply whatever they need… hopefully, albeit low-tech.

3 Likes

Thanks @Covertgrower! I should be able to manage two plants. Your tent is looking great too!

3 Likes

I’m trying! Put a heater in there, with out it wasn’t going to make it.

1 Like