Wondering if this looks hermie to anyone?

Just found something cool.

A phenotypic difference is the appearance of fully defined male flowers at the beginning of flower production verses the appearance of a male stamen in a female pistil dominate flower after flower production had been initiated. A True hermaphrodite has both fully formed male and female sex morphology at the same time of flower induction. Photos included below.

True herm

Stress induced

So mine was a couple weeks into flower=true, not stressed. So I’m going to chop it. I don’t want to risk pollination of other plant.

4 Likes

I have an update, and hope a solution to my worries. I didn’t chop it. I took the herm out of my flower tent)after cutting off the bananas before they opened) and put it outside. My main concern was the pollination of that other plant, so this should prevent this from happening as it’s definitely not 12 hours of light outside. I assume it’s going to cut off bud growth now(stress a bit, not that it matters) and go back to veg for a couple months. By then I’ll be done flowering and it won’t be a concern, and I’ll get to see what happens for experience. Maybe the neuter and reveg will miraculously stop the herm progression! I doubt it. I should be able to make wax out of it though, right? Is it worth extracting? Could be a huge outdoor herm this fall.

Update on the herm… I haven’t seen any more male parts since it’s been outside, and it doesn’t look like it’s going to veg yet. It’s getting pretty big… the buds are looking good.

1 Like

3 Likes

Update - July 1st

Still don’t see any male parts since putting it outside. I wonder what will happen…if I’ll be able to harvest it. There’s still 15-16 hours of light. I’m still waiting for it to stop making buds and revert to veg. I’ve never done this so I don’t know what to expect. I think it’s weird that I haven’t seen any bananas…just more and more big fat calyxes. Squeezed a few to see if there were seeds and there wasn’t, or isn’t yet.

2 Likes