Wondering if I got all the males out in time

Did you keep the rootball intact when you transplanted? Did you water them after transplanting? What kind of pots are you using? How much and how often are you watering?

2 Likes

Best time to water is in the morning before the sun hits them. However, I’ve had plants in late veg that wanted to get water twice on really hot days.

Transplanting can be tricky, but as long as you take care to get the entire rootball, which is easier if you let your pots dry out a bit before flipping them upside down and carefully sliding out the entire root ball and gently placing it in a premade hole large enough to hold the root mass. Also, don’t transplant in direct light, roots don’t like light, so avoid that. Lastly, after your gals are in their new home give them a good drink, and lightly feed them with nutes if you’re using any; you can also mix some kelp extract in your water, kelp helps protect from shock.

2 Likes

Ok. So I am using 5gal buckets and what I’ve done is to drill 10 holes, 5 in the middle and 5 on the bottom. When transplanting them I put soil halfway up and use the Miracle Grow blue stuff to wet the bottom half. Then I out more dirt in and make a space for the roots, and I and super careful and kind of shake the roots to separate them from other plant roots, I am fairly sure I got the ball on all but 1 of them, they all went down to the bottom. And once the roots are in, and I put the ball deeper than the rest, I put more soil to the top covering about 2-3" of the stalk. Then I water some and let it soak in and repeat until it seems like it’s about to not soak in the next time. No real time passes between this step, just going from plant to plant. But I admit that I am afraid of overwatering so maybe thats it. I am going to step out there now and she what’s up. We got some rain today but not as much as was expected, so maybe they are thirsty. Also, I always do them in the dark, whatever is being done so my neighbors are none the wiser. Well neighbor, there’s only the one.

Thanks again to you all for the advice and I’ll let you know what happens next.

1 Like

Om. Well that was a pleasant surprise. Mrs. Limp made a comeback. Now I wonder why the others died on me. I didn’t do anything different. But anyway, here’s the same one that was limp this morning. Whooo!

3 Likes