With the AHAs, they germinated, but once I put them into rapid rooters (I am a hydro grower), they both stalled

firsthydrogrow

A customer has a question and I hope we can get some opinions on it, thanks

Last year I purchased the autoflower mix pack. So far, every seed I’ve tried to germinate from that package has been successful - 1 northern lights auto, 1 blueberry auto (image attached just for fun), and 2 amnesia haze autos. With the AHAs, they germinated, but once I put them into rapid rooters (I am a hydro grower), they both stalled. I’m wondering if you’ve had any other customers experience this problem? I have not had this issue with any other ILGM seeds. My standard practice is to drop the seeds in water with a drop of H2O2 until the tap root emerges and is at least as long as the seed shell, then I put them in soaked rapid rooters (damp, not drenched). These AHA seeds are the only seeds I’ve had that didn’t pop out of the rooter. I am going to drop another one today and put it into a soil plug and see if that works. Any advice? I’d really like to try out another Haze from you guys! I love my SSH.

The taproot might’ve been damaged. I always go straight from soaking, into peat plugs in soil once they sink. I keep the plug moist until I see a sprout, which has been right at 3 days so far. This way there’s no risk of damaging anything.

do you keep the peat plugs in a dark warm place or under the lights?

Under small led bulbs, usually, for the little bit of heat they add, and so the seedling gets light right away. But I pinch off a little of the plug and cover the hole the seed went into to keep it in the dark until it breaks ground. And I only put the seed about 1/2" - 1/4" deep.

ty, good to know