With so many choices of soil

IL be using [Fox Farm Liquid Nutrient Trio Soil Formula But I’m having a hard time triing to figure out what soil I should use I’d like to use organic but want to make sure its the right kind. Can anyone give me a suggestion as to which one beside’s the fox farm soil?

Why not run a ff soil?

1 Like

I was hoping for soil thats somewhat cheaper HornHead.what about Black Gold 1302040 8-Quart All Organic Potting Soil https://www.amazon.com/Black-Gold-1302040-8-Quart-Organic/dp/B004OVUM40/ref=sxts_b2b_ccp_search_reorder?keywords=potting+soil&pd_rd_i=B004OVUM40&pd_rd_r=a6124b73-3a3d-455e-a92d-fe2734a89327&pd_rd_w=PO0yz&pd_rd_wg=mQaDE&pf_rd_p=a7bfb983-e674-4caa-917b-596cc469ad1f&pf_rd_r=4XXAVZXE330ZNHWTJ8FZ&qid=1561302428&s=gateway

I don’t grow in soil so not positive. Just as long as it doesn’t have time released nutrients you should be good

If you’re using the ff trio of nutes, don’t worry about the soil being organic. The nutes aren’t so it’d be pointless.

Ffof is an easily found and easily used soil. It’s a little pricey at first, but I think it’s ease of use and convenience make up for that. I put a layer of ffof on the bottom of the final container and then fill with ff happy frog. The happy frog is a bit cheaper, and not as nutrient rich. It clumps up a bit more than of, but tender plants acclimate better to it. Either way most plants need nothing but water for the first month. Then perhaps cal mag in month 2. Most don’t need nutes until just before flower.

If you’re still looking cheaper listen to the advice give. As hornhead said, avoid soils with time release fertilizers.

3 Likes

will do and thank you Drinkslinger

Thank you HornHead.

Cheep in, cheep out! Just saying!

1 Like

This is a very good choice, been using for my last four grows. Reasonably priced at my local HD for about $14. Very conducive for cannabis growing not as hot as most garden center products.

1 Like

Thanks Dunnitagain, but I already purchased the soil witch was something I’ve used before

Black Gold 1302040 8-Quart All Organic Potting Soil after checking out the PROMIX lline it seem like something I might try later.

Very true Autiofreak which is why * got something in the mid range*