Wireless camera in a grow tent?

I wanted to check if anyone has thoughts on video camera inside a grow tent, which allows to look in at any time?

Thanks

1 Like

No problem. If it has any red record lights or anything like just cover them with electric tape

3 Likes

any recommendations on video cameras to use? Thanks.

1 Like

hello there , i have a setup like what you are talkin about and it was actually not that expensive, i went with a doorbell camera because of the night vision/low light camera but works like a charm i connect to it via app and wifi and i can check on them 24/7. here is the camera i got. and yep what @Borderryan said just cover lights i use tinfoil and tape over it

3 Likes

Great idea :bulb: :+1:

2 Likes

Do they not have IR? for night “vision” like a game cam?

3 Likes

ohh yah you can find almost every feature but when you start into IR youll be payin at least $100+

1 Like

I use the wyze cameras version 3. No complaints!

2 Likes

I use Blink cameras. Little cheap ones off Amazon.

2 Likes

I alot of growers on YouTube do it theres nothing wrong with it

2 Likes

Thanks.

How did you mount it in the grow tent? how long does the battery last?

1 Like

Nice pics.

Is it pretty straightforward to mount in a grow tent? how long does the battery last?

Thanks.

zip ties lol, and the battery on a full charge lasts about 4 to 5 months as it doesnt get triggered as often if it was used for a doorbell

1 Like

Thanks… Just asking…zip tie is a good idea.

1 Like

you are all good my friend, zip ties have been clutch in my life for indoor growing, i have about 5 different size zip ties i use …i have a huge issue with light hangers not fitting around indoor tent bars so i just zip tie the hangers and i zip tie all my cables and i zip tie my fans and i zip tie cameras i zip tie everything. my only regret is using a knife one time to remove a zip tie and slipped off stabbing a nice hole through the top of my 2x2 tent :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

Love having a tent camera, thinking of getting a 2nd one for my veg tent.

1 Like