Wireless camera in a grow tent?

I wanted to check if anyone has thoughts on video camera inside a grow tent, which allows to look in at any time?

Thanks

2 Likes

No problem. If it has any red record lights or anything like just cover them with electric tape

4 Likes

any recommendations on video cameras to use? Thanks.

1 Like

hello there , i have a setup like what you are talkin about and it was actually not that expensive, i went with a doorbell camera because of the night vision/low light camera but works like a charm i connect to it via app and wifi and i can check on them 24/7. here is the camera i got. and yep what @Borderryan22 said just cover lights i use tinfoil and tape over it
https://www.amazon.com/Wireless-Installation-Doorbell-Detection-Weatherproof/dp/B09B3KZKVH/ref=sr_1_14?keywords=doorbell%2Bcamera&qid=1637471995&sr=8-14&th=1?tag=greenrel-20

3 Likes

Great idea :bulb: :+1:

2 Likes

Do they not have IR? for night “vision” like a game cam?

4 Likes

ohh yah you can find almost every feature but when you start into IR youll be payin at least $100+

1 Like

I use the wyze cameras version 3. No complaints!

3 Likes

I use Blink cameras. Little cheap ones off Amazon.

4 Likes

I alot of growers on YouTube do it theres nothing wrong with it

2 Likes

Thanks.

How did you mount it in the grow tent? how long does the battery last?

1 Like

Nice pics.

Is it pretty straightforward to mount in a grow tent? how long does the battery last?

Thanks.

zip ties lol, and the battery on a full charge lasts about 4 to 5 months as it doesnt get triggered as often if it was used for a doorbell

1 Like

Thanks… Just asking…zip tie is a good idea.

1 Like

you are all good my friend, zip ties have been clutch in my life for indoor growing, i have about 5 different size zip ties i use …i have a huge issue with light hangers not fitting around indoor tent bars so i just zip tie the hangers and i zip tie all my cables and i zip tie my fans and i zip tie cameras i zip tie everything. my only regret is using a knife one time to remove a zip tie and slipped off stabbing a nice hole through the top of my 2x2 tent :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

Love having a tent camera, thinking of getting a 2nd one for my veg tent.

2 Likes

Looks good. What camera are you using?

There are various cameras you can use. Actually, most (wireless) camera’s will work just fine. I personally recommend to use a camera which features night vision, so you can check on your plants at any time.

Just make sure to, if it features any lights, tape off this part.

I personally use a cheap camera of around 35 bucks, which you can get from amazon. You just need to plug it into a socket and you can check on your grow at any time of the day via an app on your phone.

If you want any further instructions on how to build the best grow room (including cameras), I advise to take a look at our guide!