Winter's coming😰😰😰😰😰

ILG hello friends, I live inthe north U.S.A. and winter is coming. I have a Tend inside a closet where I grow my plants. I would like to give me some tips on how to fight the cold in my closet when temperatures get too low. I have heard that the plants near a heater is not a good idea. so I would like some advice from the experts on this page. Thank you and I hope your answers.

Lighting can be a great way to generate heat in something the size of a closet a hps light would warm things up probably . How cold does it get during your lights out time ? They can do okay at some fairly low temps if they are already healthy plants or so I have heard on here . My problem has been heat though the guys on this site will be able to give better advice I’m sure

1 Like

During veg temps should range from 75 to 85. In flower it’s better to run in the 65 to 75 range so the plant will produce resins to protect from the cold.

Using the lights at night and off in the day can help with cold in the winter and heat in the summer.

2 Likes

those are all good advice, but my question is, if I can turn on the heater in the closet where my Tend is?. Right now the temp is ok. Im getting advice before winter. Thanks for your time

Can you vent in the heat some how , like some homemade engineering maybe , but if you decide on the heater inside the grow space , it has to be on a timing schedule cause you don’t want it to over heat the grow space so do a dry run kind of to see how it would manage .

2 Likes