Window AC light leak? Suggestions plz

I had to install a window AC to keep my 7’x12’ room cooler. The light that leaks through the vent ports I’m looking for suggestions on a good solution! I’ve thought about a temp wall but that will kill the whole reason for the AC! I tried a cover outside.3’-5’ bigger than the unit and started kicking the breaker (getting too hot).
So here I am!
I’m in flower late and early on 7 ladies!
Whatcha got peeps? Thanks in advance!!

I’ll try to get a shot of lights out! And my
temporary fix for now.

My

temporary fix. Couldn’t get a shot of the leak

Just get darkening blinds and make a seal all around the ac.ezpz

1 Like

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B07YMLNR46/ref=psdcmw_9425953011_t1_B000063SKE

Meh. Won’t link picture. But amazon. Or.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000063SKE?pf_rd_r=FXRJ579SRM8GV1WY8AAA&pf_rd_p=89879054-2e37-4233-9fd7-bd5a93dd076a&pd_rd_r=028440dd-fe51-4d75-b502-100f354a24a8&pd_rd_w=TBr6o&pd_rd_wg=W7TZy

Just make a boarder around your ac with those. Glue/tape em down.nail.w.e

2 Likes

Most of the new AC window units have foam for the wall between the vents and the outside light. If you atempt to paint it make sure what you use won’t eat the foam, alot of paints will.

3 Likes

Sweet thanks!

Take black spray paint and spray the styrofoam insulation straight through the vents.

Next install a board on hinges beside or above your air conditioner to block light hitting vents.

1 Like

Any paint in an aerosol can will melt the styrofoam and destroy the ac…
:v::sunglasses:

2 Likes

Evidently cheap Walmart paint doesn’t as we got about 6 window units like that for 3 years

2 Likes

Maybe you got lucky , because I haven’t been able to find any paint in an aerosol can that don’t melt the styrofoam… :man_shrugging::upside_down_face:

2 Likes

Duct tape is a wonderful thing.

1 Like

I also have never found paint it doesn’t melt foam… duct tape… hmmm

1 Like

Not sure but it’s about 98 cents a can at Wally World. I sprayed both sides too.

2 Likes

Will have to check it out , thanks… :+1::wink:

1 Like

:joy: haven’t heard that in a while…

1 Like

How about the pirate store? Me Nards be hurting, arrggg.

2 Likes