Wilting and Claw leaves

I’m not exactly sure what specs on that light are, but I feel pretty safe to say it’s not going to be enough. Ideally, you would look ar area you need to flower and get a light capable of doing so. I can help with that if you need, but I’m not sure at how much space is in use.

Thank you. I have a closet grow room the room is about 7’ square and 8’ tall. I have file cabinet and other small items in the closet. No tent. it was a 50w full spectrum light. Im going to go for one of the 600-800 watt full spectrum led lights sounds like that will do the trick? Unless you recommend other kind of light. I am not using a tent but let me know if you think I should use one. Best and Merry Christmas.

1 Like

You don’t need a tent, they are just easy for most. The advantage other than having light tight place to flower, is that they are surrounded with reflective surface. So you don’t have any light spill out of your canopy.

How much of the 7x7 area do you plan to use for plants?

cool. thanks i wont get the tent but I do have a large cooler that look simimar with reflective interior I’ll include a pic along with full pic of the plant. I am only planning on a single plant grow at a time. Personal use only. So i dont need a ton of harvest. Been really confused on watering. Some said over watered. my wife says soil is dry so it needs water? Confused for sure. I put her outside this morning for some natural light but was you can see it aint going well :frowning:IMG_4545|375x500

Was looking at one of these lights but i really dont need the thermo and humiudity gauge, ac and humidity controlled home in Fla

had to pull the plug and start over. What does this root system picture tell?

@vernf, Can we get a better picture of the whole thing?

Pretty dead now
I had to pull the plug
Looks to me like it wasn’t establishing spread out roots
Just one
Thanks fir your comments

Vern Froelich

Thanks for you imput. Its dead and Im starting over. Heres a pic of the root and plant. IS this an underdeveloped root system? Im guessing it is since theres only one main root.

I plan to cut my watering back significantly. Some say every 2-3 days but water heavy? Is that bad advice?

@vernf, I don’t water until soil looks dry and pots/solo cups are light but, unlike most I have a tendency to underwater not overwater. My experience has been to never heavy water smaller plants. Let’s see what the others say. I am inexperienced in indoor grows and would hate to misinform you. I have dabbled in it in the past but never did an entire grow indoors, just finishing up my test run and learned a lot only did one auto, actually the only auto that I have ever grown. Here is a picture, I think that she is getting chopped this weekend:

Yes; that is a very under developed root mass. Pretty much confirms over watering.

When they are small you only water in small amounts. Once the plant’s canopy is as large or larger than the pot would you consider watering “heavily”. Once you are deep in veg and flower you will be giving em water daily, to runoff but they are too small for that now.

Thank you. I obviously am going to have to be VERY careful with my watering. My wife felt the soil and said it was dry but the plant was just starting pistols. As suggested I’m going to keep watering light until a canopy starts to form. Just started germinating another seed.

Hey there, hope you had a nice holiday?
Ive got a few quetions and you provided me with some good info when my first two grows tanked. I have two ew gold leaf autoflowering starts that just sprouted. first sucker leaves and first seratted popping out. the other one is about to drop the husk.

My question is … i now have a 1000 watt sunraise light with switches for veg and bloom. i have it set on veg and the light is about 24"
from top of the currently DOMED PLANTS.

so i dont blow this round i just want to make sure im okay using this light and not cfl to start? I plan to water minimally every three days.

Sound okay to you?
Thanks in advance
Happy 2020

1 Like

Yup, that should work. The plants will tell you what you need to do from there.