Will this guy be okay?

For its first week, the Stem became stringy and the seed cover was on it. I had to remove the cover. From that point on, it just hangs. The leaves are slow growing, but are green. The stem is not strong and lays on the soil. I’m not sure what or if there is anything I can do.

1 Like

prop it up with a toothpick or something and bury the stem in more soil. get some light air movement to help strengthen the stem. i have the same problem sometimes

1 Like

Thank you!

1 Like

The seedling is reaching to get more light. The light needs to be closer.

1 Like

what kind of light is it?

if you move the light put your hand between the light and the plant. i baked a few seedlings by putting my light too close.

Well, the first two weeks after I planted the seed, I just had an old task lamp right up on it. The seedling next to it did great. We, on day 14, we installed an HLG 260XL, 2 Quantum panels. I’m trying to figure out how far away to place the light from the plant. Today I placed the light within 6-7” of both plants but it burned the leaves of my other plant. I’ll upload a photo of that one.

1 Like

@dbrn32 @MrPeat @Myfriendis410

trying to think of the growers and light guru that can do this better. you are way too close with the light i think

1 Like

I put my hand under the light at the time, and it was warm, but not uncomfortable.

1 Like

i think its supposed to be 20inches or more away. those are nice lights. i keep my light at 40 inches because my plants stressed when i brought it down

1 Like

@Bulldognuts @AfgVet @kaptain3d all great

1 Like

We are adjusting the lights to 20” for now.

3 Likes

You will want 18” or more depending on how the light feels on your hand.

4 Likes

What % setting are you running. Should be at 50% with seedlings that small. If you have them turned down I would think 16 to 20 inches. Wait for some of the others to comment on distance. I use my Amazon Viparspectra’s for seedlings and then fire up the big lights once they are in full veg.

4 Likes

thanks i knew you used great lights i just couldnt remember how far away they needed to be

I’m not the best at troubleshooting, but those lights looks way too close :nerd_face:

3 Likes

i thought so too. i have baked a few seedlings too

1 Like

i didnt know about turning them down. thanks

So you think I could turn the lights down to 50% and have roughly 20” away?

2 Likes