Will this clone be a successful plant?

A customer has a question or concerns and I hope we can get some opinions on it, thanks

"Good day, I just went through my first grow cycle of my first couple of plants that were started and given to me from a friend as small plants. This friend was supposed to help me sex them but he did not show in time and the male pollinated the girl. I threw the male away and I took the girl out of the grow tent and put her outside. I cut off all the buds and decided to let the grow season take over and see if it would re-bud once the light changed naturally. I decided to try to clone from this female plant that I had moved outside. It has now been over a week and much to my surprise, these clones appear to be living. My question is, will this clone be a successful plant or well the fact that it already went into flower after pollination when it was cloned, make it a low flowering plant? Also I would love any thoughts on how you think the female I cut off all the buds on will do. I believe I still have plenty of grow season left and for the light to change naturally. Do you think it will re-bud? Hopefully you had some experience with this as I’m not looking forward to spending another 8 to 12 weeks to only end up empty again.

• Strain (type, bag seed): I don’t know they were given to me but one is small so maybe Indica and the other one is larger so maybe sativa.
  • Soil in pots, hydroponic, * or coco?: No, not coco, hydroponics until the male exploded then stuck them in soil.
  • PH of runoff or solution in reservoir?: Are usually keep high fives low sixes for the pH
  • What is strength of nutrient mix?: I was using Technaflora and kept a solution of 750 until I changed to the flowering stage at which time I changed the EC to 1200.
  • Indoor or outdoor: They were in a grow tent until the male exploded at which time I put them outside in a manure compost.
  • Light system, size?: LED in a 5x7. Now on mother nature.
  • Temps day, night: in the tent we ran 70s and 60s but now in mother nature it’s all over the place.
  • Humidity day, night: in the tent I kept a pretty steady 75 humidity I have no idea what it is outside.
  • Ventilation system (yes/no, size): yes
  • AC, humidifier, de-humidifier?: dehumidifier outside the tent which seem to work just fine for inside humidity.
  • Co2 (yes/no): No

How well these clones turn out? I have finally successfully germinated some seeds and everything is very small but they will be in the same tent as the clones. Do I have to treat them differently? Thanks for your much much-needed advice."

1 Like

The clones may surprise you. Most of the time clones taken from flower do some pretty wild branching.

I wouldn’t expect much from the plant you chopped all the buds off though. It may produce more buds, but it probably won’t have the time to fully develop. You may have been better off letting it go and collecting the seeds for future use.

1 Like