Will this be enough light

I have a 1500w-1200w full spectrum light with 235 actual watts. I also have a phlizon 900w full spectrum light with 185 actual watts. My tent is 48x48x80. I am doing 3 plants. Are 420 actual watts going to do it?

1 Like

Unfortunately not. It’ll still grow, it just won’t produce the yield. As long as you understand that it’ll be fine.

Hlg 600 would cover that area.

3 Likes

Maybe don’t use the whole tent. Concentrate the plants and lights in one area. Improvise some sort of reflective divider so the light doesn’t spill out where you don’t want it. I am thinking 10, no more than 12 sq ft (42 - 35 (min) watts per sq ft

2 Likes

what kind of yield loss? I only need a supply for me. So if I get 3 oz a plant I am fine.

1 Like

Difficult to say with out proper lighting. Nutrients, lighting, and proper watering techniques all play a role in yields.

2 Likes

I just bought another light brings my total wattage of 590 true watts. If my math is right at 35 watts per sq ft. I should be alright. I hope! lol

that was another solution. Watt did you add?
i started with 320 watts in my 3x3. It did an adequate job and avg. right around 3 oz per auto in soil.

1 Like

Exlenvce 2000W 1500W 1200W LED Grow Light Full Spectrum for Indoors…Its 400 true watts. It was cheap we will see how it does.

I think you’ll be fine I’m growing 4 autos in my pseudo 3x3 just fine (though they are compact varieties) heck right now I have them only using slightly more then 1/2 my closet using just a single Mars hydro 1000 for vegetation until they start being in each other’s way then I’ll throw on my “1000 watt” parfact work (I’m kinda worried I might produce slightly to much light) just keep them tight as you can in a square formation and shoot for 600-700 ppfd for veg and 700-1000 for flower

1 Like

did any else realize his total watts was 420, the number sounds good lol

3 Likes

I know I laughed at that too. How appropriate hey!!

1 Like

What kind of nutes do you use for autos. I used them on my last ones and got nute burn every time. Even with cutting dose to a 1/4. I think they dont like them.

I started with fox farm trio of big bloom grow big and tiger bloom in fox farm ocean forest soil. A very common combination for autos and photos. Because I used FF OF soil I did not use any nutrients during the first 5-6 weeks. I would start big bloom a little earlier because it is low dose in terms of primary nutrients but has a lot of other good stuff in it. A couple grows in I learned to start calmag as a preventative because deficiencies would show up later.
Nute burn is generally the result of too much too early. How is this for a case of nute burn. It was my 4th grow and followed a very clean and uneventful blueberry auto grow. So with confidence, I pushed them more than I should have. It was four amnesia haze autos. The funny thing is, 3 of them tolerated it while the 4th blew up. They survived because I got help, flushed the daylights out of them to remove all the excess nutrients from the soil, started fresh and became ph monitoring fanatic.

I posted this about the experience

What I didn’t get to in the thread was it ended up being a total loss. Hundreds of tiny FLUFFY buds. It made great compost.

3 Likes

It’s so strange how well different plants in the same gene pool handles macros differently 2 skittles had nitrogen toxicity and developed a bunch of minor deformities and clawing but the runt zkittle didn’t bat an eye and didn’t have a single strange mark

1 Like

There is something to be said about runts. I find they will often surprise you in the end.

2 Likes

You might want to reread the output for the light it is rated at 140 in veg and the bloom light adds an additional 120 for a total of 260wall. I think you read the description as VEG switch 140, BLOOM switch 260watt for a total of 400 watt. It is actually 140 veg 120 bloom for a total of 260watt. Be careful blue/purple lights. I have 5 that are just collecting dust, not good for growing good meds.

1 Like

The loss is typically due to bud density. Low light will equal larfy light buds which weigh less. 3oz/plant may be possible, but there are lots of other factors that can influence it.

The idea of partitioning off part of the tent is solid advice. You’ll be looking for 50 watts at the wall per square foot of flowering space.

Blurple panels will grow decent bud. It’s just not an efficient way to do it.

2 Likes

There is one more upgrade from the one you read. Its the $219 light total watts 400 true watts.