Will this be enough for a 3x3?

That’s a game changer. I was not aware you could do that. Please enlighten me if you have the time. Wow.

1 Like

Kids do not mind. They are real good with the light schedule. Lol.

3 Likes

HLG sells the quantum boards. If you go on their site and go to Catalog and then Quantum boards, you will see the QB288 Rspec boards for $79 each. You buy 2 of those and can swap out the QB288 Bspec boards on the 300L Bspec you purchased with the Rspec boards when/if you want to use that light for flowering. Easy process of just removing the screws holding the boards to the heatsink and disconnecting a couple wires, then install different boards, paying attention to the orientation of the boards, reconnect the wires and done.

3 Likes

Never knew that. Might just have to get a couple as emergency backups. It looks like yours are raised to the top of the tent. Is that due to having that many in there? What is a good place to have the dimmer at? Light should be here in a few days. Super duper excited. Should be one step closer to a perpetual harvest. Generator on its way for the winter. Have to run the basics just in case.

1 Like

I keep the bspec lights like 28" over the plant tops, so they go higher as the plants get taller. I had 3 foot tall plants under those lights at the time.

Use the dimmer to control the watts for what you need, for seed starting - lowest setting which is about 90 watts and start them about 4 feet above pots, then lower light to around 28" after seeds sprout. 90-140 watts is fine for early vegging plants. Use more watts as plants get bigger or need more light spread.

You will want a device to monitor watts. I use these:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07DPJ3RGB/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

1 Like

dbrn32 @Hellraiser

Rez, meter, cloner and new tent should be here tomorrow. Clonex shipped outdated. September 2020 date. (Come on HDI, trying to buy from my home state. Happens. Not dogging them.) Light just arrived. Super bright. Forgot to put on the Maui Jim’s. Saw spots galore.
So about a week or two out from starting a new clone only grow. Super busy holiday time for me now.
Will maybe start a different grow journal for that.

2 Likes

LOL, yes HLG lights are so freaking bright.

2 Likes

Right. Real nice and bright. Thank you so much! Want to add a third tent but that will be a bit. Plus the room is getting a little cramped. Will have to invest in temperature control next perhaps. Humidifier, dehumidifier is already factored in if needed.
Was trying to stay around $500 with this tent set up. Ended up around $950. Cloner,fan, light, tent etc. But I think it will be a good set up. I think anything below that cost, I would have waited. Main goal is to not go to the dispo and have enough for everyone here at the house. Guessing about 6 months out for that.
Was very surprised at the light output. Have not measured it with a par meter, as I am doing yard work now. I get nervous going into the room if I’ve been outside or with the dog before showering etc.
Could not afford the (affinity ) spelling? fan. That can be updated later and the other used as backup. Need to get two more boards now. (Thanks) J/K. But yes will eventually get them.
Once again, thank you everyone on the input. This stuff had changed so rapidly over the years with lightning and technology.
Total cost on two tents with stuff like zip ties, pots, seeds, soil, crap I had to have approximately $3200.
Sorry for the ramble.

2 Likes

Here is where I am at. Thank you kindly.

1 Like

1 Like

@Hellraiser
Please feel free to link etc. Trying not to junk up your other thread. But learned tons from you. Looks like some roots. Theses led lights are way different from the MHL and HPS. Have not gone a grow with it but this light seems to be above average.

1 Like

1 Like

One dud out. Not sure why no roots on that one.

@Hellraiser
Trying to talk the wife into a third tent. Thinking I may need a second flowering one. Nothing fancy. Just a 4x4 with another hlg. She knows it will get pricy with three in the room. May hold off and look at automated climate control. I see that becoming an issue soon. I like some of the systems that do it all in a sense. Humidity, temperature, etc. Might be the better investment before another tent?
I’m greedy. I admit it.

3 Likes

LOL, yeah always want one more tent, I’m up to 3 and thinking about a 4th, just don’t have room for all the clone mothers I want to keep.

3 Likes

@Hellraiser
@dbrn32
Thank you kindly.

3 Likes

Not sure why, but I lost track of your topic for a month. Hellraiser definitely gave you the right info, and looks like you are doing great! Keep it up!

3 Likes

Awesome roots, good to go for planting.

A friend of mine has a cloner similar to that and was saying that not all the cuttings rooted, some areas with less rooting success like some corners, he added an additional airstone to increase the turbulence and bubbles and really helped to get more of the cuttings rooted in the trouble areas.

1 Like

They all rooted. The ones that is not I put in there right before the picture. New toy. Lol.

1 Like