Will this be enough for a 3x3?

@dbrn32
Shortly will get tight on space. Wife says I have to stay in just one room, and can’t have the whole upstairs. Looking at a 3x3 as that’s the room I have because of the 5x5 in the room already. Kids come to visit from collage they have to have a bed. Lol. Wanting to have this tent for seedlings, clones, mother plant, perpetual grow etc. Like a veg tent. Will this light be enough?
Unfortunately I have to use my amazon account. Can only go to $300 on light. Budget is $500 but have to get tent and fan. Is it workable?
Thank you kindly.

Im sure it would veg a 3x3 that’s just over 20 watts per square foot not ideal might get some stretching, I’m not exactly sure how efficient Mars hydro is but If you have a 300 Dollar budget I would spend the extra 60 bucks and snag an HLG 260 I’d imagine it would veg much better than Mars and you get 60 extra watts for 60 extra bucks plus it’s a way more efficient and effective light and I think a 260 would def veg a 3x3 that’s just under 30 watts per square foot and with HLG you’d be vegging wonderfully

4 Likes

The TS2000 is 300w, so it’s actually a little over 30w per sq/ft. It’s supposed to veg a 4x4 and flower a 3x3.

3 Likes

Looked at these also.

1 Like

HLG is definitely the superior light, but Mars will do the job. I have a little one and know a couple other people who have them and grow great looking bud.

2 Likes

Wasn’t aware haven’t researched Mars at all sorry for the misguided info I do know someone who uses Mars exclusively and he likes them but they do get a little warm from what I was told

2 Likes

Using the Mars Hydro TSW2000 on my grow now and it has done the job. First grow so nothing to compare to but seems good so far.

6 Likes

The HLG Bspec is an awesome veg light, that’s what it’s made for, would be the perfect light for a dedicated veg tent, but don’t buy it from amazon, buy it directly from HLG and use the dude code to save 10%.

I have a few of them and love them, makes tight nodes

6 Likes

@Hellraiser
Thank you kindly. Wanting to put these two in there and make many clones for the 5x5. Plenty of seeds, but sorta want to try running a bunch of clones in maybe 2 or 3 gallon pots and flower them. Maybe I am wrong on that. Used to do it way back in the day. LEDs giving me a learning curve. Will go with the blue one as I thought it was specific to vegetation. Just wanted to double check before spending the $. Will use the code and order from that site. Appreciate it much. Opinion on this cloner?
Thanks again. Love this site. So much knowledge and it seems like there is good people here.

1 Like

I think for a 3x3 I would just get a 135 kit and go with bspec like Hellraiser suggested.

2 Likes

That cloner should be fine for cranking out some clones, and yes root your cuttings with that, then after they root, transplant, veg them til they get to the size you want and then send them off to flower.

With the cloner I recommend Clonex solution, and Clear Rez (keeps pathogens from developing in water). Use the sterile method (clear rez) and don’t worry about water temps.

1 Like

Yeah but the bspec kit and boards have been sold out forever otherwise I would have recommended that as well.

3 Likes

@dbrn32
Thank you for the response. Your lighting opinions are always spot on. Did not want to pull the trigger before asking on this one and buy something that would not work for this situation and waste money on something that would cost more later.
You can’t believe how much I value everyone’s input.
I hope someone in my same position finds this post and reads up on some of that before getting a light that will be no good for a similar vegetative situation.
Yes I’m super high, but you guys are the best. No bs answers. Straight to the point. Awesome. Thank you kindly. Super appreciate it.

4 Likes

Beautiful. Thank you.

1 Like

Another option for you would be the HLG 100 in the 4000k spectrum, which would also be a great veg light. HLG says it will veg a 3x3, though I’d probably go with 2 of them for better coverage, even 2 of these would be a bit cheaper than 1 300L Bspec, though they are a bit more basic than the 300L and don’t offer dimming.

1 Like

@Hellraiser
Went with the Bspec. Hoping it will do what I need it to do in a 3x3. How big is that tent if I may ask to run a few of them? The new growth on those looks super nice.

1 Like

If I can get 20 or 25% what a few of you are pulling I’d be happy. Some of these grows I’ve seen are unreal. Almost went back to the HPS.
I old. Times are changing. So try to figure out the LEDs. Lol.

1 Like

It’s a 3x3, serious overkill, totally unnecessary for 3 of those bspec boards in there, even the 2 boards like you’re getting with the 300L is more than enough and you’ll be dimmed down for most of your growing. I am a over-lighter, it’s a disease, admitting it is the first step.

4 Likes

Keep in mind that HLG lights are very modular, you could always pick up a couple Rspec boards and swap out the Bspec boards if you ever want to use that light for flowering. I have enough extra Rspec and Bspec boards that I can convert my lights back and forth as desired.

2 Likes

Just FYI if I went to stay at my parents and my room was full of cannibus I would be cool with it. Give me a pound and I’ll sleep on the couch.

4 Likes