Will this autopot setup work?

I know all of the aquavalve 5 lines coming from the 12.4 gallon res are 3/8"
The new larger Flex tank supply lines are 1/2
The older aquavalve lines are 1/4
I think these are all outside dimensions.

2 Likes

You should take a look at @AfgVet s scrog. It is simple to make and easy to move around :grin: Maybe if we are nice to her. She will toss up a picture :grin:

2 Likes

Easy peasy

2 Likes

Thanks for looking out for me @Not2SureYet Oh yeah, I have seen this one and ones by Merlin. I also saved them to my photo archives. Not too proud to steal good ideas
I have been playing around a little with some ideas - way too much time on my hands

3 Likes

If you attach SCROG to the autopot container itself, you will have a single unit that simply lifts off of the tray. If using an air dome, the air line is the only thing you have to disconnect to move. Be sure to turn off rez feed when you do to avoid overfilling tray. I take my plants out regularly to service them.

2 Likes

At some point I imagine I will forget to do that. Fun and games. Attaching pot to frame is what I am think of. Something like1/2" plywood between the horizontal members with a cut-out to drop the pot into. Now my question is, simply leave the tray on the floor and lift the frame off of the tray or do something more creative. Like, also have tray elevated and be able to lower it far enough to clear the bottom of the pot. To be continued.

2 Likes

I built mine out of a combination of schedule 20 and schedule 40, 1" PVC pipe. Most was dry-fitted but did pin with screws in a couple of spots. It was designed so I could raise/lower screen to better match plant. With fabric pots I poked two holes, ran a tie-wrap through to attach base to pot. Plastic pot just drill two holes at each point and do the same. Nice thing is it’s inert: won’t absorb water, won’t mildew etc. Screen is then a part of the pot which just sets in Autopot tray.

I think all of us have. You’ll be turning it off when you do rez changes: turn valve, disconnect at downstream side of valve and Bob’s your Uncle.

4 Likes

I had go dig for some more photos. Found some from an Oct 2017 post. I can see the zip ties at the bottom of the frame. Thanks I copied and saved the photos

3 Likes

Your going autopots?

1 Like

I am going to give a one pot xl system a try. I have been wanting to also try coco so when my current SOG is done, I will set up the XL pot with coco. Testing the waters before jumping in.

4 Likes

There’s an itch that can’t be scratched if you go loving that system also!

1 Like

I posted somewhere here before about going with a bigger XL system than you think you might want. I bought the two pot system and now wish I had gotten the four pot system. The cost to add an additional pot or pots is expensive compared to buying a complete system. When the time comes I’m just going to get another two pot system and just tie it into my existing one.
I too was skeptical about Autopots but I’m loving the system it makes the whole process so much easier and frees up a bunch of time. It’s much quicker mixing large batches of nutrients. No need to water to run off and pull readings you can quickly check your water at the tray and make adjustments in the reservoir as you need.

2 Likes

For me it is more about space. This is where the 1 pot will go. It is where I usually grow just one auto. An auto pot will make it much easier to feed etc. I am now also growing photos here.
I hear so much about increased size and rate of growth over soil, would a 4 pot XL be too much for 3x3?

3 Likes

Maybe but it’ll help you expand it when the time comes

3 Likes

Very considerate thanks. Post #1 is where I started. Its evolving. Originally started just wanting more space, do a closet, throw some scrogs etc in there. Wait, autopots would be nice, change it up a little. And so it goes.

4 Likes

You could get the two pot system with an extra valve and just use the valve to close off the hose that would go to the second pot. To add one pot to a one pot system just the pot, tray and aqua valve cost $55 plus you will need additional hose and a T. The extra price of the two pot system is only $50 more and you have everything you need to expand later on.

1 Like

This is what happens with every hobby :laughing:

1 Like

That is way to logical. Actually, I was looking for either a 1 pot or 2 pot setup. Every site I went to were sold out of the 2 pot systems. Found a 1 pot and ordered it. Also, I wanted the hard pot rather than spring bag.

2 Likes

Either way I think that you’ll like it once you have it up and running.

2 Likes

Just received notification - order complete UPS label & tracking created. Sweet
That means I have to place my order for Jack’s. Found an online garden center. Prices much better than amazon but get hit with shipping of course. Still probably saved $10 so I got some 10-30-20 Bloom.
Time to get some seeds started. So it starts again

2 Likes