Will these buds mature to fruition?

Hi all, towards the end of a run of White Widow autos and a couple of my plants look like the one pictured below. Very large buds, but almost no leaves left. Currently they’re in week 12.

Maybe I’m just being paranoid, but I’m worried that the lack of leaves means they won’t reach an adequate level of ripe before the plant dies off.

If this isn’t normal, what could have gone wrong here? And, as asked above, is there still hope that they’ll still reach ripeness before the plant dies?

4 Likes

By the pistols you have some time to go yet. Have you looked at the trichomes? :blush::v:

1 Like

COPY/PASTE the below list into your forum post.

Answer these simple questions the best you can.
If you do not know, or do not use something; Just say so; Or post
NA (non applicable)

What strain, Seed bank, or bag seed
Method: Soil w/salt, Organic soil, Hydroponics, Aquaponics, KNF
Vessels: Pots, Grow beds, Buckets, Troths
PH of Water, Solution, runoff (if Applicable)
PPM/TDS or EC of nutrient solution if applicable
Indoor or Outdoor
Light system
Temps; Day, Night
Humidity; Day, Night
Ventilation system; Yes, No, Size
AC, Humidifier, De-humidifier,
Co2; Yes, No
Always try to upload a clear picture of any issues you may have to allow the community to assist you.

Add anything else you feel would help us give you a most informed answer should be included. Feel free to elaborate, but short and to the point questions and facts will help us help you in a more efficient manner :slight_smile:

Thanks!

2 Likes

I know they have more time, I would imagine several weeks. I’m wondering if they’re ever going to be ready because of the lack of leaves on the plant.

2 Likes

I think you will be fine…many folks defoliate. You have enough to finish

4 Likes

My first grow I let a pH issue and a calcium issue go too far on one plant. All the leaves in the top buds went crunchy so I just trimmed them off. That plant had the biggest buds of the lot in the end. The plant did have more foliage down low than your plant seems too, but your’s should finish fine. Good luck.

5 Likes