Will seeds from a female b feminized

If you send me these seeds, how am I to know they are not normally feminized seeds?

The professional seed banks are profit driven, if it were at all true, they would absolutely use this to sell very expensive real regular female seeds. Again, sorry, but your logic is very flawed.

~MacG

Ok and so am I, and because I don’t like stressing my females for hermies I don’t sell my seeds Im a cannabis caregiver so I make profit on the flower not the seeds, my brother owns a seed bank and if I breed I buy 1 male seed and breed it with another is that a problem or better said what’s your problem with me? And if I had a big mouth like quite a few people than I’d bring in some one that has received some from me and have them help once they were started, but 2 reasons I won’t, it’s not there place to be involved and I don’t mention names without permission. But I’m not gunna argue as I stated why I won’t bring some one in to confirm this theory so I’m gunna let you go not worth arguing over

1 Like

First, the only problem I have is with people putting out inaccurate information on our site. There is a reason this site is quickly becoming one of the best sites to get accurate reliable information, unlike many other forums out there. Latewood and I have gone to great lengths to make it, and keep it so.

Secondly, besides the simple and clear logic I just presented to everybody, that if it were at all true, then absolutely at least one of the Amsterdam, if not all of them, as well as one or more of the very popular B.C. Canadian seed banks would use this, as it would be very profitable for them, but they don’t, that alone speaks volumes.

And then there is the fact that the science itself of what makes a seed female or not doesn’t back up this chart at all.

If you don’t want me to correct you, then don’t post information that is plain wrong and misleading to our customers, it is simple as that, otherwise I have no problem with you as a member here.

~MacG

1 Like

Well I buy most of my seeds from California, Colorado, and Oregon also bc, and the UK. Occasionally Amsterdam when i dont breed and if it works for me must be going right some where lol and thats all i have to say

1 Like

And again, not one of those banks uses this method, that in and of itself, speaks so much about this method.

1 Like

No need to be a smartass when I was simply saying something and dropped the subject wanna keep dragging it out ok, than I’ll post up pictures of seeds used by this chart labeled as what I think are male and female, and i will post repeated updates to prove you wrong to legitmately show just cause you think it’s wrong doesn’t mean it’s wrong and other people can be right I’ll post seperat pictures of the makes and females I picked since I’m so “wrong” hopefully your smartass comments will stop as I was only trying to be civil and move on but couldn’t even do that, and once again show you that just cause it doesnt come from a seed bank i can be right

1 Like

That won’t prove anything as by pictures, there is no proof the seeds aren’t normally feminized seeds, lol

Of course because you seem to want to get more and more upset, I am not the one actually saying anything “smart ass” or rude, just sticking to the facts. But if you want to go on, I can easily block you from the site if you continue to get belligerent.

And as I said before, it isn’t even the fact that there isn’t a legitimate seed bank in the world that believes in or uses this method, it is the simple fact that the science doesn’t back this method up at all.

Hey I know this thread is 3 years old but I been looking for this chart for hours and just FYI this has been featured in 420 magazine and other publications I have used it once before with 100% success. DonJ why would you use this on feminized seeds from a bank they are guaranteed. This is meant for people harvesting their own seeds. Yes you may throw out a few females if you are super picky but knowing how 1 male could ruin an entire crop it’s a no brainer. Majiktoker I’ll take any seeds you want to part with especially if they’re something special. Also I have heard that commercial seed banks use a process with electricity and silver to make feminized seeds. Not sure how true it is but I’d rather do it myself with a jewelry loop. Happy growin all

It takes about 30 min to an hour to pick through 20-30 seeds with a jeweler loop. The seed banks would have to hire child laborers to use this method selling millions of seeds In sure they are never visually inspected… Pretty sure they use the silver method mentioned… Couple silver coins and a current and you can too…

1 Like

@end_user it’s called colloidal silver. You can also buy it premade. It does work. There is also a process called apomixis that makes a plant produce seeds without pollenation. The seeds are exact genetic copies of the plant.

@MacGyverStoner @Majiktoker
I don’t know for sure if this method works, I will start there. The absence of evidence is not evidence of absence. Just because there is no proof it does work does not mean it doesn’t work. Same breath, just because it works for one person doesn’t mean it works for all because some people will scrutinize the standards more than others. I am actually testing this method for females indicators on 43 Humboldt purple Trainwreck seeds, of 43 I found 4 that meet these standards perfectly. Another member is doing the same with male indicators. Search for “seed selection journal” in the forum. I’m going to go thru all 43 and see what the percentage is of females.

3 Likes

I’m interested in this saw it before might start looking st my seeds closer see if there is any truth to this.

1 Like

Sorry, wives’ tales.

As is often said, seeds have about a 50/50 chance of being male or female. But in actuality, there are slightly more female seeds than males, maybe 55/45.

I totally agree with @Donaldj, that there are likely lots of perfectly good female seeds getting thrown away.

~MacG

2 Likes

Doing the colloidal silver as i type, have heard about the seed profiles before, well i will be germinating D H G regular Bruce Banner seeds soon so i will give the female seed profile a go, dont know until you try i suppose, i have heard positives and negatives, only one way to find out i have 10 regular seeds.
Lets get forum users who have regular seeds to give it a go, get some actual results from many.
Oh i would never throw seeds away because of a particular shape!

1 Like