Will plant heal

Ok so I just transplanted plant into 3 gallon pot this morning and it was always skinny… the problem it won’t stand up straight without help and I set it up against the trellis but I’m concerned if it will continue to grow

The zip tie is pointing where it got bent during transport… it was leaning on the window shade before… will it continue to grow or did I just do all this work this morning for no reason

3 Likes

It should be okay but transplanting was the perfect time to bury all that excess stem right up to about an inch from the little round leaves (cotelydons) at the bottom.

4 Likes

Beat me to it. Was gonna say itll be okay if need be get a skewer stick and tie it to the stick for a couple weeks. Might wanna lower the light if she is stretching that bad or get a stronger light depending on what u have.

2 Likes

I myself would scoop that baby out with as much dirt as i can and have someone remove dirt from the pot and bury it like said above it will shorten her up and be sturdy so it done bend like it does. Good luck

3 Likes

I wouldn’t stake his life on it! A week tied to a stake that is. LoL I’d transplant her and down all the way like they said.

1 Like

You could also build a hill around it in the center of the pot. Looks goofy done it plenty…never had to make that big of a hill though.

1 Like

You can definitely mound it ^^^^^^ BUT you already almost broke it once…or bent, cat, heavy wind. Etc… so many things plus thirst, safer underground, mound which have you

2 Likes

Lol omg man I don’t even wanna touch her no more she’s only 3 weeks old

The light is lowered it’s somewhere 12”-18”

The pic is at an angle too

Man it looked like she was in a quart pot or something small. That sucks mate, you gotta give her a mound or a shish kabob stick for sure then. Make sure ya don’t toast her she is fragile. Well lesson learned right, next one you know what to look for now with the light height.

1 Like

The root cant be that big yet. If u just scoop all what u can get in both hands and have someone dig out dirt and set her back in and fill. If u mound it then its gonna be hell watering it all water gonna wanna run down hill and away from plant all the time.

1 Like

Exactly her roots are so small… next time I’m not even using soil I’m going to use those pellets… and she’s propped up on the trellis right now so hopefully she’ll build her strength up, I gave her some fertilizer too

LMAO…I just noticed you name is butterfinger… LMAO :rofl:

3 Likes

Hey do you know anything about temp control when I checked it earlier it was at was 83 F is that too high

1 Like

83 is good, I like a little bit higher in veg but certainly not a problem

Ok another question do you think the size of the pot has a direct correlation with how much will be capable of harvesting and if so how do you determine when to change the light cycle for fem and if it’s a auto it really gonna just start flowering whenever it wants to right

I think they are positively correlated, to a point. If you veg for one month it won’t matter if you are in a five, seven, ten gallon pot. Now, if you veg for two and a half months…yes a ten gallon pot will definitely get you a bigger plant than a three gallon pot because you’ve given the roots time to use the space.

As for when to flip, the only rules of thumb are make sure you leave enough room for them to stretch on the back end and no point in flipping before they show sex. If I misunderstood your question let me know.

And auto will do what it wants. Every once in awhile you will run into an auto that can require a time change to flower, despite the namesake.

2 Likes

Ok cool cuz right now I’m not changing the light cycle til beginning of feb… I shouldve bought some autoflowers… fems take too long

February is a long time away…how old are your plants now? I dropped some seeds in mid July that I started on 1212 three and a half weeks later on August 12th. Just harvested the third one yesterday. They don’t have to take longer than autos…