Will my setup be discreet?

This is what I question. If you are venting AC into your tent from your interior and out through the side of the house without filtering it first, you will smell it outside.

The other issue If I’m reading this right is, having another vent with carbon filter, you will be pulling air out of your house which will be extremely costly on your electric bill. Not to mention, when the AC shuts off, you will suck a lot of hot air through all the cracks and crevices in your house and duct work.

Now, IMO, when you open the tent in the attic, some strains, will smell two blocks away, ok not literally, but they will smell and strong.

I’m not sure about soil, but plants can drink a gal a day. Got plans for that?
Lots of challenges ahead I think. Don’t mean to be the bearer of bad news, but realistically, I personally don’t think it will work. Especially if you trying to hide it from your kids and neighbors.

If your game, then by all means try it.
Good luck! :+1:t2::v::sunglasses:

2 Likes

Yeah the water and maintenance of the plant was one thing I also questioned. The logistics of watering is a tough road ahead, and I personally think your automatic watering plan will lead to over or under watered plants

If you have teenagers they will know. Not saying the whole world will lol. If you smoke they probably already know. If you grow it they will find it. Kids know more than they let on.

2 Likes

My horror grows. My 12 year old knows. :scream:

Totally paranoid now

3 Likes

Lmao i bet they do. Mine knew when they were like 8. I was trying to quit cigs and i told them if they see cigs they can break them and throw them out. My oldest who was 8 at the time says but not daddied green ones he needs those. Talking about white grape games. Smh thought i was sneaky too

3 Likes

Yeah, I think I’m slick too so I’m probably not

2 Likes

There isn’t anything in the closet downstairs it all in the attic. The only thing down stairs are the 2 water jugs in the corner on the floor covered by luggage bags and a 1/8" water silicone tube in the corner going up into the attic covered by a box sitting on my shelf above my clothes. The water is pumped through the line with a smart water irrigation pump control on my phone.

1 Like

Yea I have 2 water jugs in the closet downstairs on the floor with a 1/8" clear tube going to a smart water irrigation pump control with my phone. And a camera in the tent with a temp and humidity transmitter going to a little display in my room. The HVAC duct it’s tied into for air supply is the closet supply vent, & it’s tied in right above the vent so the fans are pulling the air from my closet. The air is coming in from that and going out the exhaust vent on the side that was already there but after the 4" carbon filter in the tent.

It’s our house, the attic

Thank you everyone for the tips and advice. The Bruce banner sprouted out today and the gsc opened up. Day 4!

With autos I shouldn’t top then right? Should I use the screen thing? Or bend them with the clips? If so when do I start that?

Many things to consider good luck

1 Like

It was/is 4" that’s why I used it, 4" coming in and going out.

The temp stays pretty regular between 70-85. With the 2 layers of insulation and covered in garage door insulation foam panels

1 Like

Thanks again everyone for the tips I didn’t realize it was best to just keep posting on same thread either

So day 5 and banner popped out but is kinda curling backwards…is this normal or is something wrong? (The tag says jb, my wife didn’t hear me when I told her what to write)

2 Likes

Looks good. keep’em growin! :+1:t2::v::sunglasses:

2 Likes

Yep, looking good. Some seedlings come out looking really weird but they grow out of it. Yours looks pretty normal.

1 Like

Love the new pic lol @BobbyDigital. the extreme

1 Like

There wasn’t a huge selection, lol.

1 Like

Can anyone tell me if this gsc auto leaning/turning like this is anything to worry about?

1 Like

Not really. It could be leaning toward the light or it could just be a little top heavy IMO.

2 Likes

@HappyHydroGrower thank you

1 Like