Will my girls fill out?

My Zskittles Autos are a few weeks into flower. I had some soil and overwater issues in the beginning. Well they’re looking pretty scrawny at this point and I was wondering if anyone knew if they would fill out more? Or if I’m gonna end up with a bunch of scraggly buds?:disappointed::disappointed::disappointed:

3 Likes

Yes , your plant will fill out and make some nice buds plant in early flowering stage.

2 Likes

Nope that’s all you get lol jk each ball turns into a bud that then keeps putting out hairs that then die back and swell up the connecting calyx

3 Likes

Sweet!!!:sunglasses::sunglasses::sunglasses:. Thank you!!

1 Like

You’ll definitely have some buds and what you’ve got there will definitely swell 2 to 3 times the size that it currently is under good conditions but look at it this way. See those spots where the fan leaves come out of the stem? See all the space in the middle of the plant between each set of fan leaves? It’s like a few inches of just straight bare stem in between where those fan leaves are sticking out. The way to think about it is where those fan leaves jet out from the stem is a Bud site. You’ll see them referred to frequently as nodes. Those open sections of stem with no fan leaves sticking out have no bud sites so there won’t be anything filling in in the middle between there. You’ll just get the buds that are already growing increasing in size.

Next time you around what you want to go for is a close internode spacing, the closer the nudes are spaced the more bud sites you get packed into a smaller area and the denser the bud that you get. If you read around you’ll find that there’s plenty of factors that affect the node spacing on your plants.Apart from genetics it’s really about growing conditions. Good soil health and plenty of light are what keep the nodes spaced tightly

I can’t comment much without knowing how your room is set up or what kind of light you’re using but generally speaking you’ll be able to have a better result if the plants receive more light and that’s either by dropping that light down closer to the tops of the plants or getting a stronger one or both

1 Like

Here’s a couple examples of buds stacking up between nodes. As @Deez mentioned .

10 Likes

Mmmmm @kellydans Nice buds buddy! First time I see your babies :v:

3 Likes

you got that right!.

2 Likes

This is a jack herer auto 23 days into flowering.

Here she is three weeks later.

She is under 250 watts of marvelous blurple lights and a 50 W Kind flower bar. The lights vary but are about 18 - 22 inches above the canopy.
@Deez mentioned the internode spacing. Notice that this plant has very little so the buds fill in to make bigger one. Not quite like @kellydans though.

2 Likes

I’m just worried that she’s gonna end up looking like a Charlie Brown Christmas tree​:disappointed::disappointed::disappointed:. I’m hoping she fills out nice. Have you ever had one look like that?

1 Like

Yeah we all have. That’s how she goes, you do that a couple of times and then you do better next time.

The good news is that even if you aren’t gonna harvest a ton you can at least focus on growing what you’ve got to be as potent as it can be. Finish strong, follow the way, read the helping friendly book, and most of all get a 60x magnifier so you can check the trichomes properly when the time comes.

3 Likes

Not quite like that. One of the first grows of white widow autos stretch a lot and I did a poor job managing light height. To produce dense bud you have to have decent lights, enough power, and have them set at the right height.
Some LST certainly helps too.
The jack herer was barely nine inches tall when she started to flower because of the LST you can check her and the other plants I have growing at An auto, three photos and a clone

1 Like

And yah you’re probably gonna have a bit of a Charlie Brown Christmas tree but the bud can still get you high af.

Think of it like when you’re vegging you’re growing the framework for the fat donkey dicks you will harvest later. When you produce buds the way @beardless and @kellydans are turning out they’re cultivating tight node spacing from day one. You only get one chance at it for each go round though. Once you’ve got a stretchy plant you can’t un-stretch it.

2 Likes

Wow amazing!

Sept. 3rd 3 weeks into flower.

Chopped 10/28

Yeah they fill in some :wink: you’re in what I call the pistil ball stage. Your buds haven’t even started to grow yet

2 Likes

Thanks @GoodMafia this would be a overall picture of the plant close to Chop day. ILGM Gold Leaf

4 Likes

I got this sweet little cam for my iPhone too, check em out :metal::metal::metal:

3 Likes

Wow! She got there 6 oz+ I think! Amazing

1 Like

I’m going to be buying a new light for my 2 by 4 foot tent next week. I’ve narrowed it down to two and would like your feedback on it? I’m hoping to have at least two in the tent(plants)

1 Like