Will any led bulbs or grow lights help remove chlorine?

Excellent point! Especially for anyone using pH strips or a non-atc pH meter.

2 Likes

what would cause that??? fluoride is such a minute amount for dental reason - it cant be a factor

what does way off mean ā€” from 6.5??

1 Like

just checked website again ā€” now 8.51 ā€¦ ok ā€¦

1 Like

It has to do with temperature and what ever dissolved solids that are already in the waterā€¦
I start with water that is 0 to 5 ppm and a ph of 6.5 right from the getgoā€¦
I grow hydro , so for me its important to know whatā€™s actually in my water before I ever even add anything to itā€¦
In soil , you really donā€™t have to watch it like a hawk so muchā€¦ it can drift some , before it becomes a problemā€¦
You must also understand that your ph determines what the plant can use and takeā€¦
Different stages of growth will need different ph ranges , in order to get the best benefits of what your putting inā€¦ :wink:
:v::sunglasses:

3 Likes

Lmao - what he said ^^^^^^^
@blackthumbbetty with well water what is the con - I mean is there Downside with high sulfur or anything? Does it have added calcium or iron then normal drinking water. Also the handyman curiosity in me, do you have city water at all or do you use well with a softener system, osmosis or anything else? When you leave us, you go where - deep in the woods w/ fresh stream?

1 Like

the thought of going hydro hurts my brain - soil just easier

3 Likes

Soil is easier but more importantly itā€™s just different. Hydro is not all that hard if you break it down into manageable units and pay close attention to details. Itā€™s not for every region: I decided Iā€™m in the wrong place due to my incredibly bad muni water which means I have to make it all. And it ainā€™t cheap.

3 Likes

My house has well water. No softener. We had our water tested once for heavy metals and such, but to be honest, I couldnā€™t tell you the exact results. We do have hard water, though. From the tap ec runs about .35, but with an r/o system that goes down to .025. I only use ro for certain applications, though.

1 Like

Ive been wondering this same thing for a day or two now. An educated guess says the lights can help being that the sun helps to do the same thing, however Im no scientist and our lights are a far cry from the sun :joy:ā€¦I personally wont chance risking it because IF the lights do not dechlorinate the water faster and then its put into the soil prematurely, the chlorine will affect your soils microbiology which is TERRIBLE and the RISK IS NOT worth the consequences, instead of waiting the few hours an actual air stone takes. Patience is everything with plants, dont rush anything!

Itā€™s the UV rays/lights that will help dissipate it faster. Using dechlorinator is the fastest but I ran into issues using that stuff. Boiling would be the second fastest.