Wild seed mix, need help please

@Mark0427 after checking more on my lights they pull 200w
How does this affect my grow?
Should I drop them lower or keep them at 18"?
I believe I wet the soil too much my last watering. I poured around the pot away from the plant, but the soil I have holds moisture.
Once I’m ready (it’ll be a while) to put them in 5 gal pots I would like for you to kinda walk me through it.
And even sooner, help me decide what nutes and when. With your help and the others here I have all the tools to create something amazing!
Thank you dude, btw Mark was my brothers name, and the Corvette 427 was a beast.lol

1 Like

Now me when I trans plant I’ll fill the new pot with frosh soil or coco. Put the pot the flower is in in the middle or offset if u want for training. Fill around that pot when filled to top around the pot soak all the new soil til u get a little drip leave it set about half hour to drip and remaining out then pull the pot out of that spot it should leave u the perfect hole to pop the plant out of the pot and set it in the hole. If u have mykos or great white that will help.with the plant growing better use that sprinkled in the hole before u put the plant in. Spread mykos and great white or one or the other on the root ball also. Don’t disturb the root ball too much. When u drop out in the hole I take .y fingers and run it down the sides of the roots and pressing a bit just to unclump the roots so they blast off in the new soil. Hope u get what I’m meaning.

1 Like

I’ve decided my ignorance was far beyond anything I could have ever imagined. We know this: I needed this sight before I started growing!
Out of my wild seeds the only good news I have is they’re not all dead…yet.
I have had every issue a man can have, well almost. Maybe I’m exaggerating a bit, but I have had issues all due to lack of experience and personal guidance.
I know once I get my good seeds you guys will have me ready.
Here’s some picks of my poor sick plants.

@mark0427
I’ve dimmed my light, added a light nitrogen mix (¼ strength)
I know my soil is probably part of the problem. I will do things a lot different next time, but for now I just want to see if I can bring these babies to life. I don’t know if I can, and I know I can’t without help.
Still nothing but distilled water.
Drilled more holes in bottom of pot, not staying wet anymore.
Is there anything you see right off?

2 Likes

Ok what feed do u have for them now?? They almost look hungry now to me. Give them a feed. Try a half strength mix of it it says 1tspmof something mix half tsp of each ect. Only do half of each per gallon. What nutes u got make sure they r mixed in correct order

1 Like

So far my nutes are only fish fertilizer for nitrogen (4-1-1). I will hit them again with ½ strength.
I need to put them in good soil, ordering happy frog for next run (another lesson learned)
Any soil I look at live has time released nitrogen. You guys have said to stay away from that.
I also let them dry out a little too much because it didn’t hold water like it was before I put extra holes in bottom

1 Like

@Mark0427 I strengthens my mixture and gave my plants a good spraying.
I was thinking while doing it. Last time I gave them nutes the soil was dry, real dry.
This time I had an outer ring of watered soil, but the soil at the base of the plant staid dry until I just hit it with the nutes.
Let me know what else I might need to do please. I would be lost without your help, but I am going to get good at this! I want to be able to grow beautiful plants. I want to learn how to lst. But I’m trying to do it right, make mistakes early…learn from it.
Thank you again bro

1 Like

CANNA Coco Brick 40l Expandable Natural Plant Medium Soil Substrate, 40 Liter Expanded - 8 Liter Dry, Reusable (1) Amazon.com
If u have time to water it once or twice daily grab some of this. Super easy to work with what u put into it is what is there nothing else. Easy to fix any problems if they become available. Not necessarily get from Amazon as it seems a bit pricy to me I pay 16 bucks a brick at local shop here.

1 Like

@Mark0427
Well, here they are.

I picked my four best looking plants and moved them into happy frog. They look good to my untrained eyes
One of them I call retard (last pic}. It has a crooked stem and a strange leaf pattern.
I kinda topped it (f.o.m.),the leaves were growing over the top, keeping light from it…still is but I’m hopeful
If you see anything I need to notice please let me know
I would have never made it this far without your help. And with your help I know I will become great at this!

2 Likes

Def looking better

1 Like

Here they are growing like crazy, thanks to all your guidance. I used mykos with the transplant, but the real difference was the soil. Only one of the transplants other than the happy frog survived and it’s stuck in the seedling stage.
Here are some pics, and you will notice “Retard” bent over so the light can hit those strange growths around the lower section.
Just going to let them grow until I can sex them.

2 Likes

Def looking nicer now. Not so burnt edges and all. Do u have the pH and ppm meters or atleast pH meter?? What soil is that ffhf or ffof?? Should not need anything but ro water and calmag for a while now PhD to 6.5 and I believe u will be off to the races. Did u get a feel of the pot full of dirt dry so u know how light it is. Then soak it down once all soil around the outer edges of pot stick 2 to 3 inches away from the stalk wet the whole outer edge super well til u get runoff then leave it be a few days til light and dry again and repeat again. As it grows I’ll have to water a bit more frequent make sure in soil u get the dry period between waters tho. Feel the weight is best to tell if she’s gonna need a drink or not.

1 Like

Yeah man I’ve been listening and reading on other people grows.
I’ve started feeding them today with Humboldt secrets.
The soil is fox farms happy frog, and it is amazing soil. You can see the difference in the way the plants have reacted.
I am still using distilled water until I get my ro system installed.
I didn’t trust my judgement so I bought a shower scale.3.8-4.2 lbs is a relatively dry pot, I watered them slowly until I got good runoff. Now I know I’ve got my water right. It almost stops losing weight at 3.8, it’s working out to a little over 48hrs between water.
Yes I have ph & ppm meter. Everything is going good rn.
Hopefully I won’t need any more help for a bit…I can’t sex until I switch my light time right. I hope they’re not all boys!
Thanks again

1 Like

Oh yeah, been experimenting with the strange growing plant I named Retard.
It’s been one of my favorites because it’s growing so weird I get to play.
What- the- fuck it’s all practice anyway.
I know it looks crazy, but it’s the only way I could distribute the light

Let me know what you think, but remember this plant was growing crooked, and the leaves were in a strange staggering pattern
Leaves with 8 blades hiding the thick growth underneath. Got one of the big bastards tied down.lol

1 Like

Big move today, final move really.
Moved my four survivers out of their 1 gal pots into their 5 gal pots.
Ok, really this is what I want to talk about.
My biggest and most costly mistake so far was my soil choice. I wish I had known how important it is to have high quality soul like fox farms happy frog.
I moved my thriving survivers into happy frog on 1\14.
I didn’t move “Struggler” until 1\22 if you follow my posts you can see the difference.
But look at this.

That’s 1\22 before moving into happy frog

This is four days later.
This little plant was dropped into the ground on the same day as the other four.
Man this is a wild experience. I would have killed them all if not for ULGM and all the help from the site and other growers like @Mark0427 who’s help with the transplant process was spot on and my plants thrive for it.
Oh shit wrong pic.
This is today

2 Likes

And here are the other four planted the same day, just moved into happy frog about 9 days earlier.

Now that is the only difference, soil. Everything else was done identically.
Now we just have to wait and see if they’re females or males.
I’ll be back then.
Thanks again ILGM!

1 Like

@Mark0427 I don’t mean to bother, but you know sexing my plants will be a very big stage for me and I need some advice on something I read that gave me an idea.
If I have to wait to change my lights before I can tell the sex of my plants(12\12), should I do that now and find out their sex then re-veg back to 18\6 for a couple more weeks to build mass then switch back to flower for good?
That is if I have females to keep…

3 Likes

Well it all depends. Some get to a point u can tell by the preflowers. If u can get good enough pics of the new areas the nodes shoot from we can see what’s going on. Might not be enough time yet. Usually 4 to 6 weeks to be able to tell sex some can be sooner or later. They do have farmer freeman tests u can order and send in parts of a leaf and they can tell u male or female plant also. How old r they now

1 Like

They all popped out of the soil between 12\13-12\17
Bad soil slowed their growing but they are doing real good right now

Do these pics help?

1 Like

Nevermind on that front bro, I’ve watched some YouTube videos on sexing , and I think I can figure it out. If not they will be ready soon one way or the other.
Thanks again. I get so use to ilgm I forget I can go other places too.lol

I moved the flaps and checked the nodes.
To my untrained eyes they all look female, but retard. I can’t really tell if it’s a ball or pistil.
Thanks again for your input. I would have been lost without your help