Wild seed mix, need help please

Hi, I’m lost here in more ways than I care to admit.
This site could be the best thing to happen to me and my new hobby. I opened up with “newbie grower using wild seeds”. I’ve uploaded pics & stats but none has said much.
I’m the first to say I have no idea what I’m doing. I read and read and watch, always trying to learn. There is just so much.
My lil plants are needing help, and I’m at a loss. I think it’s time to bring some fans in.
I don’t even know exactly what these plants are. I know the females I got them from were amazing! Triangle Kush, sour diesel, grape ape…
Help me bring these babies into full bloom!

What’s going on here?

3 Likes

That 1st ones curling is a bad sign but are you

• phing your water
  • only watering a Lil bit ( 3 sprays or 1 ML) twice a day until the roots are developed
  • at 200 par or 10ish dli
  • feeding them nutrients this early
3 Likes

Definitely need more information to be able to help. :blush::v:

3 Likes

Welcome to the community ! stick around we like to see everybody have a successful harvest.

1 Like

Well welcome. Could be several things. A detailed breakdown on what u have done and what u r doing would be of much help. Fill out the form by copy and paste the best u can and I’m sure I’ll get all the answers u need. Here is the sheet to fill out. Give a tag when it’s filled out and we will get some guys here for ya.

COPY/PASTE the below list into your forum post.

Answer these simple questions the best you can.
If you do not know, or do not use something; Just say so; Or post
NA (non applicable)

-What strain, Seed bank, or bag seed (photo or auto)
-Age of plant
-Method: Soil w/salt, Organic soil, Hydroponics, Aquaponics, KNF
-Vessels: Type and capacity of container (fabric, plastic, etc)
-PH and TDS of Water, Solution, runoff (if Applicable)
-PPM/TDS or EC of nutrient solution if applicable
-Method used to measure PH and TDS
-Indoor or Outdoor if indoor, size of grow space
-Light system List brand and wattage/spectrum
-Actual wattage draw of lights
-Current Light Schedule
-Temps; Day, Night
-Humidity; Day, Night
-Ventilation system; Yes, No, Size
-AC, Humidifier, De-humidifier,
-Co2; Yes, No

If growing Hydro some additional questions:

-DWC? RDWC? Autopots? Ebb and Flow? Other?
-Distance of liquid below net pot (DWC)
-Temperature of reservoir
-TDS of nutrient solution
-Amount of air to solution

Always try to upload a clear picture in white light of any issues you may have to allow the community to assist you.

1 Like

Mitchy here, thanks for all the input, I guess I finally got on the right page.
My seeds came out of different bags of weed, could be anything.
I’ve been using distilled water, I was misting but last watering I poured water around the edge of the pot to help root growth. My drip trays got wet but didn’t overflow.
My plants popped between 12\13 -12\17
My roots were getting tangled up under the germination tray, so I uppotted early

I have two nice l.e.d. lights, and a 12 x 12 room.
I’ve been keeping my room around 78°\70% day. 72°\70% night.
I’m getting my fan today, didn’t think air circulation would matter that much this early.
My soil- first, jiffy seed starter, then moved into top soil \ compost manure mixed 2\1.
Compost mix is .05.05.05.
My containers are plastic, I do have a humidifier, but I’ve turned it off for now…could this be mold?

1 Like

18 \ 6 light schedule
Watering every other day, been afraid of overwatering… always seems wey

1 Like

I’ve put down my stats, I didn’t know if you wanted it to you or back on the page
I’m a 52 year old pothead so please be patient. I’m new to all this, growing, texting, blogging…all of it. But it’s something really important to me.
I need this hobby in my life. It’s legal here now, so I can play!
All help and advice is greatly appreciated

2 Likes

I am only using distilled water
I didn’t spray last watering, I poured away from plant, there was water in drip tray but didn’t overflow (1 gal plastic pots, all stats back on page).
Lights are at 18", and I’m dropping my humidity (turning off humidifier)
Also getting a fan today.
Thinking it’s too moist…maybe?

1 Like

I believe with the temps and rh u had it’s possibly wom if u see white forming on leaves. Peroxide diluted with water will kill that off if u catch early enough and eliminate it and keep temp and rh in check u will b ok.

1 Like

pH snap on the 3 in pics looks possibly a pH issue possibly. Do u have calmag available to use??

1 Like

Yeah, my water is good all the way around.
I’m unable to get an accurate test on soil.
I was looking at other grows that looked similar. One grower said mold?
I’m going to get fan now, lights go out in an hour. I’ve turned humidifier off.
75°\68%

1 Like

Thank you, what dilution peroxide\ water?

1 Like

I’m not seeing mold on any of the plants just dying leaves unless I’m missing something. I’d try and keep the rh as low as possible now seeing they will be in flower shortly

1 Like

Yeah, turned humidifier off.
It’s funny how I have so many different looking plants all being treated the same (there’s one problem).
There’s some purple in some of the leaves now…and I ph my distilled water, and it holds at 5.5. do I need to do something, if so what. I know it should be a little higher.
Thanks again, I’ll definitely keep you posted. I hope you’re interested in seeing what I have here (I only smoke the best, and seeds are very rare in my bags)
I will need all the help I can get, and all help is appreciated. This is a trial & error run. A learning experience that will help me grow my true plants next round… hopefully with your help again.

2 Likes

If u r using distilled by itself no needs to pH it. It will take on the pH of the medium. If u add calmag or anything to it then it needs to be PhD according to medium u use. Ro and distilled won’t need PhD unless something added as they don’t have enough ppms to hold a pH level. Tap on the other hand has a ppm reading that leaches to pH so tap needs to be PhD or anything that has a chemical added to it except tribus and recharge that I know of so far that the only 2 well fishshit too bit the only ones u add in after u pH the mix

1 Like

Nothing but distilled until I get my r.o. set up next month.
I’m still working on getting everything together. I didn’t expect this kind of community for help. Hell, I might not completely fuck this one up after all.lol
Right now I’m just trying to keep them alive long enough to sex them. With my luck they’re all male!
Here are my hopefuls.

Here are some yellow ones

And here is a retarded one.lol

If you notice anything worth mentioning please do. One of the first pics has that purple tint, I think I see it on another. Hoping it’s a strain thing

Having a reddish or purplish leaf stem is common with some strains although I’ve never noticed it happening quite this early.
There’s lots of good folks here to help you out! I was pleasantly surprised when I joined. Everyone is pretty much of the same mindset.

…I like weed…Yeah, me, too…Nice, let’s talk about weed and weed related accessories/activities.

Welcome!

1 Like

Here is a link I found: I checked the top two articles and they do not have any product endorsements that I can see. The link passed the no product endorsements last time I posted it.

anthocyanin light stress in cannabis - Google Scholar

1 Like

Thanks for then input, I really need it.
I didn’t realize all the difficulties involved with a growroom. I’ve done a little outside, never inside til now. It’s legal now here in Virginia!
Ok,
My soil is all fresh and basically untreated.
Original seed mix contains; peat moss, coco coir, and vermiculite. I transplanted into a mix.(I mixed top soil with a manure\compost…05.05.05)
I water with distilled water every 3-4 days.
Might have over watered last time watering away from roots.
I read it’s better to let your plants kinda dry out (dry drip tray?) Before watering again if afraid of over watering.
I have big 816 LED’s 18" over them, shouldn’t be a light issue. 18\6.
Keep you guys posted. Thanks for all the insight.