Wifey auto/photo experiment

Going to try and help this guessing game with the usage of a lux app on my phone punched into a converter

Hmm tell me how that goes?

You can usually run pretty small plants at 50% 24". If you have well developed plants, I would maybe go a little more to start and use same process.

1 Like

Well I’ll run them at around 75% at 24 and work at getting it closer/ cranking it up. They Are going to stretch over the next 2 weeks

There’s probably not a lot reason to increase from there until after transition.

2 Likes

Good to know

You’re a canuck? Thanks for helping me and riding along. Did you figure out a wifi temp hydrometer yet?hehe

2 Likes

Funny you ask they just emailed me back.
Think I’m trying to try this gateway weather station thing.
Jeeze man I need to stop buying shit I don’t even want to buy this thing, but I do…

K I have a late night update
Wifey killed it and switched plantsm tents rather than struggled to hang the other Board.

Photos are in the other tent now and under the CFL’s who knows maybe they will do better.

This are probably the least healthy looking plants I’ve ever grown and I’m sad =( shows how important environmental controls are

4 Likes

Sorry to hear about your under performer, seems like there’s one in almost every crowd.
I always wondered about those small bushy plants, they’re cool but seems like it would be a lot of work to get a little stretch on her.
Good luck w the wireless sensor, personally I like analog :grin:

Today is proof things are getting better, the Temp range is getting tighter.
Took @Cannabian up on turning off the low setting on the controller for the AC infinity (autos are now in that tent) and dropped the high max down from 24c to 22 (for some reason at 24 it would still max out at 31.5c as we can see in the notes)

Humidity is super low but it’s winter here and until I get a whole room humidifier I doubt that will change until the plants get bigger. So I will look at one when I get home in the 2nd hand stores, or at least find another small one for the autos tent.

Ignore the humidity high notes seems the wifey had a good toke before she checked the plants and recorded the max temp as Max humidity.

@Mote part of me is wondering if it’s because the boards were so much light I didn’t get any stretch to boot with them not liking the richness of the FFOF soil. They are now under the CFL’s so maybe they will stretch a bit more. If they do I will keep an eye on them and switch the QB in once I have them stretched a bit.

The autos are a better idea of how things are going because I truly believe the photos are just weak genetics. Being that my environment hasn’t been dialed in well that’s huge but luckily they are photos so I have lots of time

1 Like

Yeah, having an erratic or unstable environment is a royal pita not to mention frustrating.
I started my girls right under the QBs but I do like your idea of growing the young uns w another less intense light. I was going to use my “old” HID light but things got away from me.
But I do feel that QBs too close will definitely not induce stretch. I raised the lights quite a bit, we’ll see how it goes.
FFOF is all I’ve used for better & for worse. Its a fine soil, my tendency was to add nutes too early & at too high a dose & I paid the price, not a big one but got the ass kicked a bit. I still use it, but I amend it now w something a little less hot.
Good luck going forward Dude, I hope you get things dialed in soon.
(using a small in tent humidifier for now)

Yeah I love ffof and to be honest I don’t give nutes until the ppm dies down, since it starts ate like 4500 or something. I use happy frog in the top to date that’s always worked just not for these two photos.

Yeah the environment issues are a growing pain, :sweat_smile:, but thanks to these controllers in hoping they can do the work so that I can rest easy and my wifey doesn’t feel so overwhelmed.
I had the QB’s at 20" and about 70% power but maybe that was to much for them, I doubt it I think it was the environment + soil and then the QB’s were just the last straw.

I’ll be looking for another evaporative humidfior next week, see if I can find a used one.
Seems like people have issues with their carbon filters using misting ones.

Whoa! That was definitely a factor. I noticed what I described earlier and I had them higher than that but at the Lowest setting and until about a week ago only 1 light fixture (got 2 260s) and still feel they should have been higher. next time :slightly_smiling_face:

The soil problems I’ve had have been of my own doing. I just go a bag of Happy Frog and so far it seems very nice too :+1:

Maybe it was to much for them…
Idk to many other factors to tell.
I figured I would have seen light burn if it was.

1 Like

All part of the learning curve I suppose, myself included.

Yeah last 3 grows have been fine but this is a new light I now have 2 boards… And the upgraded ones probably way stronger

1 Like

I got my whole room humidifier it did jack s$it. so i ended up putting several bowls of water with larger towels in them in front of a little 6" fan, turned off the constant exhaust fan and got it up to about 60%. so I set the AC to kick in at 60% so that it turns on occasionally and brings in some fresh air. at 20% you may have to put that humidifier in the tent. i got a really little one and put it in my other tent and also turned the constant exhaust off. this is so much more of a challenge than i thought but i finally got it. at least for this week lol.

1 Like

Yeah it is a struggle, I’m considering this one.
https://www.amazon.ca/Levoit-Ultrasonic-Humidifiers-Humidifier-Adjustable/dp/B078GPR4XV/ref=mp_s_a_1_2_sspa?keywords=warm+humidifier&qid=1573255343&smid=A3C0TEPQY6M6AE&sprefix=Warm+humid&sr=8-2-spons&psc=1&spLa=ZW5jcnlwdGVkUXVhbGlmaWVyPUFWODJMV0kyQ1I3OFAmZW5jcnlwdGVkSWQ9QTA2NjQ0NDgxVjRTVEpPTUVHQVBNJmVuY3J5cHRlZEFkSWQ9QTAwMjM3MDVBSkI1QUJNRVBDSyZ3aWRnZXROYW1lPXNwX3Bob25lX3NlYXJjaF9hdGYmYWN0aW9uPWNsaWNrUmVkaXJlY3QmZG9Ob3RMb2dDbGljaz10cnVl

There is a guy selling a used commercial grade humidtor for 150$ comes with a hose and you just tie it into a Water line or a res.

But I figured having one in each tent is a better idea Incase one tent goes to flower before the other etc.

This is being sold brand new in the box for 150$ in my local classifieds…
https://www.amazon.ca/Ideal-Air-Commercial-Grade-Humidifier-Pints/dp/B00L2L3OXQ/ref=mp_s_a_1_3?keywords=commercial+humidifier&qid=1573255609&sprefix=Commercial.+&sr=8-3

Hiya NIcky, here’s the latest version of the one I have, I got mine last year around september.
I use it all throughout veg no prob. nice little unit, was $45.00 last time around.
bowls of water & a fan will work as @Agrestic mentioned above. Only drawback of course is the size

TaoTronics Cool Mist Humidifier, 4L
(dont know why I see the image of item here but not when I save edit, hope link works)
https://www.amazon.com/TaoTronics-Humidifiers-Ultrasonic-Humidifier-Operation/dp/B07H2717BM/ref=sxin_3_osp17-f5c89c51_cov?ascsubtag=f5c89c51-e33e-4db5-bbaf-d83082fb6fc7&creativeASIN=B07H2717BM&crid=1NG87ER9LU2FC&cv_ct_id=amzn1.osp.f5c89c51-e33e-4db5-bbaf-d83082fb6fc7&cv_ct_pg=search&cv_ct_wn=osp-search&keywords=humidifiers&linkCode=oas&pd_rd_i=B07H2717BM&pd_rd_r=beefbc0a-2516-40a5-8465-30471a7515ca&pd_rd_w=oEyeG&pd_rd_wg=8ipfC&pf_rd_p=53eff971-6e12-4016-9864-b6dfd929b2b3&pf_rd_r=D9GG0W5MQVR538S2655R&qid=1573321640&sprefix=hum%2Caps%2C144&tag=digitaltren0b-20

1 Like

I almost got that one last time but I like the larger 5.5/6L and the ability to do warm or cool mist, ultrasonic is meant to combat bacteria to do it seems like a clear winner I’m just broke right now so I’m going to check out the used ones.

I was wondering about if I actually need to add calcium when I fertilize, here is a copy of my citys water report https://www.reddeer.ca/media/reddeerca/city-services/waterwastewater/October-2019-Water-Quality-Parameters.pdf

So 50mg/L is calcium and I’m growing in soil so mag is not needed. Not sure if cal is needed part of me wants to try without it.
I’m trying to simplify things before feeding time comes so the wifey isn’t complaining and then she’s more onboard next grow.

1 Like