Back again with another legal indoor Canadian grow over the cold dry winters… The challenges are endless.
Location: Alberta Canada (Legal Yay!)
Setup: one 2x4x6.5 tent with 6" duct fan and carbon filter controlled by timer 1hr off 1hr on 4hr sleep (waiting for inkbird controller)
One 3x3x6 grow tent with two 3x1x6 clone/veggy shelves in separate compartment. Combined with AC T6 infinity “smart controller” & carbon filter.
Tents are in spare room, baseboard heater set to 19*c, one window has a double layered Styrofoam piece with 6" intake and exhaust, both exhausts are tied together with a piece of Y ducting. Intake is just flex hosed to beside the baseboard heater as its well below freezing outside, has no fan on it but can feel it exchanging air.
Lights for veg: 2x 200w 6400k full spectrum CFL
Lights for flower: HLG V2 320xl 3000k, 2x240w Kingbright UV/IR 3500k 301H boards.
Medium: Soil, Fox farms ocean forest 3/4 and 1/4 (top layer) Fox farms happy frog, mixed 25% with perlite and added Mykos.
Containers: 5 Gallon smart pots.
Nutrients: Chem Gro 4-20 dry mix, to be used once ppm drops enough, as soils very rich.
Seeds: 2x4 has two CBD lemon potion autos (indica 60/40 sativa, 8% THC/ 10-15% CBD)
3x3 has two photo indicas with a 1:1 cbd:thc ratio, these are of unknown genetics currently. My dad has a old hippy friend with a large legal medical grow and he ended up with a seedy plant so gave my dad a ton of seeds who passed them to me. Great for now while I take a grow to dial in my new grow room/grow tent, hoping for 2 females . The autos are my 2nd attempt after getting bud rot this summer right before final harvest and these things had really nice density to them, so using up some old/free seeds for now.
Okay so I work away and 2/3 of the time the wifey or the roommate takes care of the plants under my direction. The wifey has taken on this roll and we have decided to get a secondary tent in order for us to stop buying legal expensive dry hay smelling weed, as she was doing alot of this year because it’s convenient.
She is under the impression that all plants act the same and she doesn’t agree with the way I have been growing my autos (averaging 5oz a plant after a year of growing but eh if she’s willing to get even deeper into my hobby I’m all game)
So she’s busy with university but the plan is she gets one of each and I get one of each.
Looks like we’re going to FIM the photos soon and lollipop them. I’m leaving my auto aside from tucking leaves or LST if it gets out of control with veg stretch. Not sure what she’s going to do with her auto yet but I think she wants to lollipop or just prune it as she sees fit.
Being that the 3x3 is shorter I may switch the autos into that tent when I get home on the 10th of November, this would also switch the lighting so the autos who have been under the 6400k 200w (each) would go under the 3500k on day 34/35 while I keep vegging the photos in the 2x4 under the 6400k full spectrum sunblaster CFL’s.
Seeds were started in a jiffy starter dome with pucks and broke through the 7th-9th of October, with the autos breaking first.
Working on trying to dial in the environment between 2 fans, timers, waiting on a inkbird controller, AC infinity controller, baseboard heater, humidfior, humidity in 2 tents with the 2x4 now breaking the zipper… So yeah lots of variables including the cold outside that I have noticed building condensation on the intake hose. I decided to not go insulated hose because I want to try and warm that air as fast as possible before it chills the room off to much.
The grow room is also my closet/ our weed room where we store the harvests and load our vapes. The wifey hates that is cool in there, women get cold so easily lol.
Above are the two autos, one has some sort of cripsy leaf issue I haven’t seen before not sure if it got to close to a light or if my new 8" circ fan inside was to much so adjusted it.
Below are the photos in the 3x3, plant domes were just switched from the autos to the photos as autos out grew them but out of season so couldn’t buy more domes until next year.
One has a browning on some leaves, again not sure what was going on but neither issue has gotten worse so I have just let them do their thing.
I don’t have a picture of my window mod yet, although I already plan to re do it next year.
Currently I used 2 white Styrofoam sheets glued together with weather stripping on the top and bottoms that wedged into a window grove and closed the window tight on them.
Cut 6" holes for ducting with dryer vents outside and non insulated flex inside.
I wasn’t thinking and after spray foaming the duct/vents realized that the dryer vents only allow air to go out, so wedged two lovers open slightly. Also I should put a piece of poly on both sides. The poly should help keep a good weather seal, so hoping this lasts for a winter without giving me to much condensation and wrecking everything