Wierd ass roots

So I have never seen roots like this before. Plants are 3 months old and tiny. I took clones and they have the same roots. Anyone ever see this before?

Strain; cannatonic
Hydroponic

System type? deep water

PH of runoff or solution in reservoir? 5.7

What is strength of nutrient mix? EC, or TDS  .8

Indoor 

Light system, size? sunblaster t5 bulbs - 5lights

Temps; Day, Night 80

Humidity; Day, Night  40

Ventilation system; Yes, n/a

AC, Humidifier, De-humidifier, no

Co2; Yes, No

@Donaldj is a hydro guy. Maybe he’ll know

@Donaldj outa likes, great info as always, @Bevelman sorry for your root problems, never have I seen that .

pretty rare in hydro or cannabis but very hard to mistake when plant is infected it is done and any plants or cuttings from it will likely hold same infection

Hi, One of the things that has me baffled is that for the first 2 months, there was only one root. Even in your pictures the plants have lots of roots. Second, how could it possibly be infected? The paper towel they germinated in? Unlikely. The rockwool cube they are housed in? Maybe, but that is frightening to me as I can’t afford to have grows waste months of my time. I live in Canada, the cold part, so that is why this is done indoors. I guess my next move would be to sanitize all my growing equipment and start again.
Thoughts?
TIA, Greg

likewise I live in Canada and yes sanitize everything but most importantly healthy roots equal healthy fruits :wink: even if not this specific disease which can vary greatly in appearance your roots were far from healthy or time invested to continue. Are you on well water or river either can harbor this disease

What about irrigation canal water? You got me thinking. I use irrigation canal water for my outdoor grows, but so do the farmers for all the crops .

No, I am using citywater…