Why won’t my weed seeds germinate?

@TommyBahama Thier not jiffy pots… it’s seed starting mix witch has worked perfect for 1 seedling so far but it did grow a root before

1 Like

A couple more tips:
The pH doesn’t matter when they are just seeds, so you don’t need to worry about that.

If you soaked them for 5 or 6 days, it’s possible you may have drowned them.
Generally, 24 hours is enough. By then you will usually see that moisture has entered and the seed will sink to the bottom. Sometimes, if you give the seed a little prod with your finger, it will then sink.

1 Like

My mistake - sorry about that.

Most of them were still floating but if u poked it they would sink

Yeah, then they were ready to be put into paper towels at that point.

So should I just wait 2 more days before I put them in seed starting mix?

You may want to wring out that paper towel. It looks super wet.

1 Like

@BobbyDigital I just poured the excess water out!!

1 Like

I usually wet a couple towels and then hulk squeeze the excess out.

I would do what @Jbum suggested - just put 1 or 2 in the soil. You’ll find many methods of getting seeds to sprout but will also find that the vast majority have great success with the paper towel method.
It also allows you to keep an eye on what is going on with the seed. You won’t be able to see anything once you put a seed down in the soil.

2 Likes

@TommyBahama that’s true. So imma only put 1 in and see what happens

They might still pop. My left plant Lucy didn’t sprout right away and then died and fell over as a sprout… now she is probably the biggest of the two I have it also caught up even being a few days behind. @Floridabud

@DankGunslinger I hope they still pop because the bud I got it from was gas

@Floridabud

Paper towel pic shows a LOT of wetness…and you say you just poured the excess water out.
That tells me the seeds are drowned…especially after more than 36 hours.

Soak new seeds in water for one day…then place in between two paper towels…moist towels, not soppy wet. cover with tight lid, check every 6 to 12 hours, keep towels MOIST. Once tap root is 1/4" + long…move to a 9 oz clear cup with soil. put head at ground level, mist with water twice a day…USE ANOTHER CLEAR CUP TO HOLD IN HUMIDITY.
Clear cups allow the roots progress to be monitored. Once they are all over the cup like a spider web…transplant to final home. need drain holes in the cup

btw…if you don’t have a PM n PPM Meter Set…get one. $20 online…essential

1 Like

I store my seeds in a medicine container in the refrigerator. Remove let sit a day, then soak a day. Then into the dirt in my grow box, that works best for me in 2-3 days they pop no transfer needed

I don’t have much experience with marijuana seeds and I’m a noob here, but I do have plenty of experience growing from seed.

It does look like you drowned them.

IMO and it worked for me with weed seeds, maybe 18 hours in water soaking then wet paper towels and wring them so they are wet but the seeds are not soaked, put the paper towel in a plastic baggie, leave the top of the baggie open so some oxygen can get it and if the seed is viable you should have taproots visible within two days max.

I plant all sprouted seeds straight to their final home. No need to stress them by moving them from a small container to their intended home. My two cents.

1 Like

Agreed final home from seed, except i go strait from water to dirt. In tent with 18-6 light schedule. Works for me is all i am saying

2 Likes