Why they look so sad?

Hello! Please have a look , thanks!

So they look sad. Kind of like overwater but this is hydro…I cutted off two low branches so the start look and grow bit better. Also somehow they look better on the pictures than in real.

there we go :
Super silver haze
end of second week
circulating system
Ph 5.8
ppm 460
GH Flora Nova grow and rapid start - half strength
lights 20/4 6 x 240w quantum boards
temps 84/70f
Humidi about 40%
New airstones and plenty of air

I run this system for a while. Beggining is never smooth but this time is terrible.

1 Like

Hey @apapos they do look like they aren’t happy. Since your a DWC grower you probably have already checked your roots to make sure they are making it to the water level. And your using GH nutrients with Rapid Start. I too use GH nutrients (Flora Series) and Rapid Start.
Taking all into consideration I can only deduce that your might have a pathogen :microbe: attacking your root zone. I use a beneficial microbe from Botanicare Hydroguard.

Pathogens can colonize your water system and wreck havoc on your plants. You can thoroughly clean after each grow and flush with H2O2 but the bad microbes can still enter your system at anytime. Keeping your water chilled to below 70F degrees will help and provide a perfect environment for your root system. By inoculating your plants with a beneficial microbe that will colonize your root system preventing the bad microbes from entering the system. They will also will aide in the breakdown salts and allowing the roots to more effectively uptake nutrients and eliminate nutrient lockout. In fact you may find, if your check EC when topping off your reservoir, your plants will be using less nutrients. This is due to a more efficient uptake by your plants root system.

3 Likes

Hi and thank you for your time and advise.

I used to use Hydroguard with a positive impact expect my previous grow. I added it but soon after my water get kind of like …dense with some like cotton clouds in. Cause me a few extra flushes with H2O2 but I finished my grow with success likely. I’m guessing my Hydroguard get expired or the gallon bottle gets too much light. When I look inside the bottle there are already some like cotton clouds …Here is a picture of it. I never keep attention to that. Do you think is normal?
Anyway, I will go buy fresh Hydroguard today just in case, and let’s see what happens.

2 Likes

I didn’t see that in my Hydroguard. It does have expiration dates of 2 years in sealed container and 6 months after opening.
About this item

•Lowest dilution rates of any competing product

•Use within 6 months of opening

•No excess gassing or foul odors common with other beneficial bacteria products

•Does not produce slimy biofilms or cause pH fluctuations

•Hydro guard produces high levels of beneficial enzymes. This product is good for 2 years AFTER the date on the bottle and it should be used within 6 months of opening.

1 Like

Oops! Been using mine for 3 years now.
Hopefully shaking well before pouring?
Maybe bad batch?
Good luck and keep’em growin! :+1:t2::v::sunglasses:

Nope shaking at this point. It’s a live microbes in there once they get exposed to air the clock starts. Mine was always clear. I would measure in some clear measurement beakers.
I purchased a quart and used it on my roses in spring. I grow during the winter to take advantage of the cooler temps to supplement my temps using external intake for 8” exhaust fan.
Botanicare Hydroguard Bacillus Root Inoculant, Quart

1 Like

They probably died and collect as sediment at the bottom.

1 Like