Why the tall central stalk?

See the White Widow auto on the right?

what did i do to cause that tall central stalk? Is there anything to do to get it to grow more fully?

Thanks.

2 Likes

Nothing. It will be a giant main cola by harvest. It’s a good thing.

4 Likes

Yes I agree. Going to be the grade A of the plant . I’ve had a few plants shoot up like that I just let it be .

2 Likes

Your plant looks great! If you prefer a shorter plant with an even canopy, read up on Low Stress Training (LST).

Here is a shot of an auto-flower plant that received LST:

And here is a photo-period plant of the same age that also received LST:

I normally get more of an even canopy than this but sometimes they just don’t do what you expect them to. :grin: :man_mage:

9 Likes

You can control that next time by utilizing a technique called LST. It stands for Low Stress Training. And its the art of tying down branches as the plant is growing to keep an even canopy. Cannabis plants Apical meaning they will always favor the tallest bud. So when we manipulate it with LST or other techniques it confuses the plant and redirects growth to other buds giving fuller buds and a flat canopy

5 Likes

It is call apical dominance. It is how it is intended to grow unless you interrupt it.
What can you have done…
FIM
bend and train (LST)

I found this ILGM Jack Herer auto on grow diaries

It is a very nice plant. Just grown very differently than the one I grew.

I grew a Jack Herer auto a couple of years ago. A couple of weeks before getting cut

It was not topped. Received LST only. This is it at 57 days.

She was slow to flower which was okay by me.

5 Likes

Here is another example that utilizes a couple techniques. I used LST for the entire vegging period tieing down the top node lower than the rest of the plant, and then tieing down all the other branches to the same hieght. And continued adjusting until i flipped to flower. Then added this net to direct growth where i want it. As you can see it can be extremely beneficial and will boost your yield and quality.

6 Likes

That’s effing awesome…. I suppose in this context, ebbing awesome

3 Likes

photo or auto? I guess photo given the amount of growth and time it takes to scrog. The power of training - no doubt about it.

4 Likes

Photoperiod on those other pics, this is an example of one of my Autos that was pure LST with no net.

5 Likes

These are those same Autos when i was training them

2 Likes

Nice! They can do well when treated well

2 Likes

@Edmond-Dantes your grow looks fantastic btw. Youre doing an excellent job and will have some monster colas by harvest.

So big and bushy! Nice!

1 Like

Will try this on the next one. Thanks!

1 Like

Beautiful lady in your single plant grow!! I’m also doing some extensive LST on my photos while they veg. How long did you leave that particular plant in veg?