Why the one plant in the picture is bushier and taller?

A customer has a question and I hope we can get some opinions on it, thanks

Can you explain why the one plant in the picture (orange bucket) is bushier and taller and was planted at the same time but hasn’t produced any bud yet and the others are doing just leaves are not the same as the others. The other four plants are not the same either, I’m not sure what happened. Did the seeds get mixed up somehow?

2 Likes

Are they all the same strain?

If you could fill out this support ticket, it’ll make it easier for everyone to help you.

Answer these simple questions the best you can.
If you do not know, or do not use something; Just say so = NA

Strain; Type, Bag seed, or NA

Soil in pots, Hydroponic, or Coco?

System type?

PH of runoff or solution in reservoir?

What is strength of nutrient mix? EC, or TDS

Indoor or Outdoor

Light system, size?

Temps; Day, Night

Humidity; Day, Night

Ventilation system; Yes, No, Size

AC, Humidifier, De-humidifier,

Co2; Yes, No

Looks to me they all need a bigger pot. the smallest of them has the least soil in the bucket. Wouldn’t doubt there is some amount of them being root bound. But I see flower so I’m guess these are autos so you wont be transplanting these now.

A support ticket would be best
But i think @Sasquatch is on track with needing to be repotted buckets are only gilled half way with dirt and in plastic buckets they get root bound which will cause them to slow down
I will also add its not uncommon gor plants of the same strain to grow at different rates or even look a little different just like people do :wink:
Maybe join the forum so we can help guide you

Hello- all 5 plants are white widow autoflower. It looks like 3 different strains to me?? its my first indoor grow but all soil came from several years of outdoor growing so im not sure of ph.nutrients etc.

1 Like

Welcome to the forum!

Your plants are displaying different phenotypes. That’s common with hybrid strains.

Old soil from outside? I imagine you are having pH issues along with needing amendments since most of the nutrients have probably been used up. Worm casts would be a good top dressing.

Now that you’re here, future grows are looking up…

2 Likes

Thx for the posts !! you guys are waaayyy to technical for me- I used to just take a screwdriver, make a hole, put seed in, water from time2time. I see it in 3-4 months. Never a problem. Now its ph, nutrients, leds, special containers, 18 on 6 off, strain type, grow bibles, etc WTF LOL

3 Likes

I used to think the same thing. Here’s the difference…

Leaving them alone and letting them do their thing will get you results that you could pretty much buy from anywhere.

Paying attention to the details will get you results that have people begging you to sell them some.

My wife will only smoke what I grow. She says the dispensary weed just isn’t to her liking. Not as good flavor or high for her.

Do as you always did and get what you always got. I’m still chasing that one hit primo. Most of the people that smoke mine with me don’t hit it more than two or three times. Those are the heavy smokers. Lightweights I limit to two hits, because I have a hard time dealing with stoned silly.

There are a lot of technical aspects to a primo grow. Don’t be dissuaded, it is well worth it in the end…

5 Likes

Indoors and outdoors are definitely different animals
But i do agree a little extra attention to the crop
You have your best results
After a while you check theses things like second nature

3 Likes

Extremely well said @FloridaSon. :+1::+1::+1:

2 Likes

My first 2 grows were so sad compared to what I’m doing now that I’m embracing the science. I still have a long way to go until I actually consider myself a grower, but man, what a difference the complicated stuff makes!

Just pretend you’re a mad scientist. I do. Sometimes, just for realism, I’ll start a round of evil laughter as I’m mixing up nutes.

4 Likes