Why so different… Goldleaf Auto

Hi, growing:
Autoflower: Gold Leaf AUTO (ILGM)
Pam(pictured left) 7weeks from sprout.
Light: 3-1000W spider farmer LED
Medium: cocoa quoir perlite mix, dry amended with 2-8-4 4-4-4 worm castings and bone meal… top dressing and using cal-mag, sillica, terpenator, tiger bloom and momouth6 in the waterings… I alternate by gut some of the amendments here and there and also use straight water every couple waterings.

Hi, thank you for your time and expertise…
This is our second run of these Autos and second ever as we are rookies. The closet has a total of four plants, they of corse all sprouted at different times and the other two seem to be on schedule although they are more like at 5 1/2 weeks from sprout…
The first picture will show the two girls in which my questions lye…
So when I look at these girls, the one on the right(Pat) looks like she’s slowed in growth (height) and is starting to make nice bud formations (I think anyways, open to all input).
The girl on the left(Pam) started slow but is going to outgrow the closet height pretty quick. I also notice the budsites are thin and airy compared to how Pat is stacking the buds. There is a lot of space vertically between the sites as well giving it what I call a potential for “popcorn buds”…
I guess ultimately I am wondering if I was to top the upper stems at this point would that help her bush out and be positive for her continued growth, or more importantly help her not get evicted from the closet? I understand all these plants grow differently but learning how to manage my grows is my new best hobbie…
Any other input is much appreciated even if off subject, as I am learning every day…
We appreciate you…
Rob

3 Likes

IMO I wouldn’t top them, look up super cropping or try bending them VERY easy and tie them off.

1 Like

Never heard of it… appreciate the homework assignment… I will look into it…
Cheers

YouTube videos available for

also makes cracking sound video available.

1 Like

Its genetics. Just look at this example. Same strain. Broke surface at the same time. So same age. Everything is identical.

Huge difference in size being the same age. Its a perfect example to show case the different Phenos. The big girl is even bigger and I took a clipping from both so my pot friend can clone. He has a buddy that clones a lot so he will be in good hands as I don’t clone. But the big girl would be a great Pheno as she is aggressive.

3 Likes

We’ve seen that for sure in unique plants, it was actually a bit unnerving our first grow… lol
Those girls look pretty sweet…
Thanks

1 Like