Why is wrong with these seedlings?

I planted 3 grandaddy purple seeds and 3 blueberry seeds. They are all autos. The grandaddy seedling look fine. Two of the blueberry seedlings look very twisted and distorted. All are growing in coco soil. Humidity has been around 55 to 70%. Temperatures have been 78 degrees on average.

2 Likes

Welcome to the community. I would place domes over the twisted ones and see how they responds.

They need more humidity aka 80% and higher. Better with like 90%.

I had a few failures like those twisted ones you have. I put a dome on them and they straightened right up in a few days.

5 Likes

Listen to @MrPeat . In addition, some info on watering would be helpful, that looks pretty dry for coco.

4 Likes

Welcome to the community !

2 Likes

It is just dry on top. The containers were watered very well before planting the seeds. I can tell by lifting the container that is still contains a lot of water. Plus if you scratch the surface it is moist just under the top layer. I water by weight.

1 Like

Thanks for the tip. I put them back under the dome and sprayed the dome with water. The humidity is 90%. How long should I leave them under the dome?

1 Like

I grow them till they touch the side of the dome. Then I take the dome off.

4 Likes

Super good! I will follow your great advice. Thank you for helping me out!

1 Like

I don’t think this is working. I definitely think it’s a genetics problem and after sticking the plants back under the dome I have white powdery mildew.

These leaves are really messed up.