Why is the Gold leaf flowering already?

I have 2 Gold Leaf Fem that turned 7 weeks last Monday. They’ve been in the ground for 5 weeks. Today is only May 1. I didn’t expect flowering until September or so.

The one on the left is not flowering. The one on the right is, or seems to be. Is this normal?

She sure is. Maybe you will get an early harvest, but you should take note and contact ILGM customer service. I had a Bubblegum go early on me as well and she was suppose to be a photo.

1 Like

I planted early last year and got some early flowers. I just trimmed them because they never seemed to get bigger. I ended up with a great crop late Oct and early Nov. Just be patient… I always heard of getting 2 harvests, just didn’t seem to play out that way

have you considered that you are a very good grower?

1 Like

One auto, one photo?

I’ve got 13 autos growing strong (2 bubblegum, 2 Jack Herrer, 6 White Widow, 3 OG Kush). These 2 are supposed to be regular feminized.

@James68 this is my 3rd grow and so far it is my best yet!

Got pics or a grow journal? I’d love to check them out!

@LittlebitofTexas I was wondering if daylight hours had something to do with it since they went in the ground late March. These have been topped once. For perspective the fan leaves are bigger than my hand…Think I’ll wait and see.

1 Like

@Tr33 yes but I haven’t updated the journal in a couple weeks…

I’ll post a group shot of the autos tomorrow.

1 Like

I have an Auto Afghani in a similar situation, I guess its a result of bad science when they cross the strains to make even more $ from sexy named strains, .after all Autos are Frankenstein plants, so expect anything other than the picture on the box.
My buddy bought 3 X Auto Blueberrys over the counter in a Grow Shop that are now over 6 months old and and he is still waiting for a bud to show …Buyers Beware !!!
My one regret is that I did not buy my seeds from ILGM Seed Shop…I will in future.

One looks Indica dominant and the other looks sativa dominant so your probably going to get different grow cycles. With the days still getting longer maybe it will go back to veg. just my opinion I may be wrong

1 Like

Mine did the same. Huge fan leaves… I think you’ll be ok just let em grow

1 Like

Here’s a group shot of my autos.
Back row 2 Bubblegum, 2 Jack Herrer Almost 8 weeks. They may have gotten stunted by some cold weather back in early April. Bubblegums are showing some cloudy trichomes…
Middle - 3 OG Kush at 3 weeks
Front - 6 White Widow at 6 weeks. These guys are getting big!

1 Like

Depending on your location, late March might only have 12 hours of sunlight. Going from an inside 18/6 light schedule to 12 hours or less outside might have triggered that one pheno into flowering. Increasing daylight hours should push it back into veg if it’s a photo. If it continues to flower you’ll know it’s an auto.
Regardless, she’s in the ground now. All you can do is kick back and enjoy the grow.

You planted them out too early. I just did the same thing with my 2 biggest plants. Planted them outside about 2 weeks ago and yesterday I saw signs of flower. Oh well, lesson learned. Once the days get longer they will re-veg.

1 Like

Best to wait til mid to late spring to plant them out. It sucks knowing my plants are wasting time and energy right now into flowering when they’re just gonna re-veg in a couple weeks.

1 Like

your going to have a fine old time with these wonders :boom:

1 Like

@Drinkslinger I think you’re right. They were 18/6 indoors for a couple weeks after they popped. I’m in central Texas and they went in the ground about a week after the equinox. So it would have been just over 12 hours daylight. How long will it take to get back to veggin’?

@Growyourown I guess i’ll just start the autos early with next years grow and start the big ones mid April-ish…

1 Like