Why is she flowering already?

Hey there, new to the forum and my first attempt at growing. Shes a Girl Scout Cookie and Cream Auto. Using both natural light and Led grow lights. She looks very healthy but has started flowering at 3 and a half weeks. Cant get a definitive answer as to why shes flowering already. Also, because she’s flowering does that mean growth overall stops? Is there any point continuing with her?
Btw, love this forum, tons if great help and advice.

There’s your answer. They are on their own timeline.

Edit/add. I had an auto start throwing pistils at 13 days above soil, 4" tall. She turned into a 20" lady, with some nice dense buds.

4 Likes

you have a fast one for sure, but this is what an auto was breed to do, minimal time in veg and more in flower…expect some vertical growth before maturity

3 Likes

Autoflowers will flower on there own after 3 to 4 weeks typically some do take longer but majority dlower within that 3-4 week period if you want plants thay grow longer switch to photoperiod plants as they wont switch to flower without receiving 14-12 hours of light a day

2 Likes

Welcome to the world of Autos, some start flowering @ 3 weeks some @ 6 weeks. I have a ILGM Bubble gum auto that’s 6 weeks and just started pre-flowering her sister is already flowering.

2 Likes

Thats great news thanks, ill continue as I’ve been going so. Im not concerned about yield, i just want to get her through to the end with her as im still very very new to growing (anything)

2 Likes

Thanks for the good advice

1 Like

I’ve only been growing for a year, but autos kind do their own thing. Can’t promise your will stay small or get big. Just take good care of her. Start bumping up your PK as they what they need more if in flower.

1 Like

Right now it has the highest light demand. Do your best to give as much as you can.

2 Likes

How often would you feed her? I was told oncexa week.

1 Like

Will do, loving all the great advice, thanks.

What growing medium are you using looks like some sort of coco or peat moss

1 Like

Depends on medium. If in coco, should be every time you water. If in soil, usually every week. She’s little, so I wouldn’t feed her full strength. Maybe 1/2-3/4 strength and see how she likes it. Then work up to full over a week or two.

1 Like

It’ll grow a little more, but probably not a ton more. Will likely be a fairly low yielder.

1 Like

This is the one in flower.

this is her sister in pre- flower they will be 7 weeks old on Thursday.

2 Likes

Peat moss mix with grit.

You should never feed on such a rigid schedule.
The best way to tell when to feed is to water to runoff and collect and test it. If the tds is below 1000ppm feed. Recomend 1 /2 of feed company suggestion or a ppm of around 850-900.

3 Likes

From what i remember peat moss should be treated the same as coco almost so watering/feedings daily

2 Likes

Hello again, hoping for a little more advice about my timy little Cookie and Cream plant. It seems the top bud is coming close to needing to be cultivated. The other small buds on the plant aren’t near ready.
My questions are, does the top bud look near ready and can i cultivate it and will the others still mature. Or should or can i wait until all are ready?