Why is one of my White Widow autos stretching but not the other ? Same germ time and same light and feeding

White Widow auto stretching but other one is short and thicker

1 Like

Welcome to the community, nice Christmas tree shape. :christmas_tree:

1 Like

Thanks. This is only my 2nd grow so I’m still learning the basics.

1 Like

WW alone is a hybrid. Then add the ruderalis and the possibilities are endless. Different plants will show different growth like siblings are different.

All my autos were short plants with low yields. Moved to photoperiods and WW is one of those I’ve grown. I really like the strain…

4 Likes

Those are 2 plants. One is behind the other and is growing heigh wise way faster. Not sure why

1 Like

Nothing to be concerned with if she looks healthy. Auto genetics, I get some different results growing the same strain from the same batch of seeds. Think of it as a family of kids, all different shapes and sizes sometimes :love_you_gesture:

2 Likes

You might consider a top or fim next go round slow down the upward growth let side branches catch up. Makes a nice even canopy. Just my thoughts good luck.

1 Like

similar story here OP. i have three ww autos going. one is clearly sativa leaning with thinner leaves and very tall. the medium/normal one has thicker leaves and is starting to show some blue, and i have a shorty that’s doing a whole bunch of foxtailing. autos will do what they want, grower be damned.

as old marine said, this is why i’m planning on switching to photo period seeds. i’ve read where you can even start photoperiod seeds at 12/12 and its lifecycle will proceed faster like an auto.

Thanks !

Yeah I defoliated instead of topped. This is my 2nd grow so I’ll change it next time

2 Likes

Those tops leaves were covering everything else in deep week 2 early week 3 but I may try topping and lst next time. I had a little nitrogen defeciency in week 2 but I fixed it.

Agree with @kellydans on HST/LST particular for autos. You increase your yield considerably. I harvested a Sour Diesel Auto 2.5 weeks ago, 8 zips dry weight and 2 more hanging in the drying tent. I Top and train all my autos and do so early. Cheers and Happy Growing :love_you_gesture:

2 Likes

Plant looks healthy you’re doing a fine job.

8 ounces on auto that’s a excellent Harvest. Nice solid buds.

1 Like

Hi i wouldnt be to worried about it like the other members have said every plant is different im growing a white widow auto now and its huge but ive done alot of lst training and ive defoliate and ive lollipopped aswell ur plants are doin well here is a pic of my white widow auto

Im looking at close to 400-500 grams could be less

4 Likes

Appreciate that Kellydans, hoping the biggest in the tent gets me around 10 zips. Will be my best run average so far :love_you_gesture:

1 Like

I can pull 10 oz’s on photos but not come close on autos myself. Between 5 and 6 has been about my average for autos. You got them figured out , you’re killing it.

1 Like

Much appreciate that Brother, I’ve been experimenting with training techniques to get a better yield from autos. Doing almost everything they say you shouldn’t and a few have paid the price with slower growth. I’ve yet to grow one vertical with topping and thinking that’s my next training adventure. Pulling 5-6 zips like yourself is what I’m shooting for on a single plant average. Thanks gain for the encouraging words :love_you_gesture:

1 Like

How many weeks on your autos ?

1 Like

I have 2 Sour Ds in the drying tent, 1 Northern Lights a week from finishing. The GG and GSCE are in week 3 of flower. 3 new sprouts at 4-7 days above ground. Purple Kush, Super Lemon Haze and AK47

1 Like