Why is my pot still growing?

In looking at this picture normally I would say these plants are not ready to harvest yet. Yet it is now mid-October? and the buds still look like they’re in the middle of July. So at this rate they’ll be ready to harvest at Christmas?? These are outdoor and planted in April. Blue Dream. It’s now mid October and is there an end in sight here??

1 Like

Lookin like they need more time…:+1:
:v::sunglasses:

2 Likes

I’d say just let it go long as you can. She needs time. You could finish indoors, or in a greenhouse. That’s gonna be about your only option.

2 Likes

Direct sun, as many hours as possible (under 12).

I’m not sure of your location. Are your daylight hours increasing or decreasing…

1 Like

They’re decreasing. The hours of direct sunlight were 7 now they’re maybe 5 or something. I don’t really have a problem with Patience. I’m just not clear if I’m waiting for something different to happen as the buds have looked like this for months now.

Sometimes they take forever.
Cold temps slow them down.
She’s still throwing white pistols, so it’ll be a while.

1 Like

Yeah. And we have had colder temperatures. I have 3 plants I think that tonight during the full moon I’m going to remove the lower branches on the most mature plant. For kicks.

This plant is 7 feet tall

4 Likes

suggest you let her go as long as possible. also…long stakes to support the cola heavy branches before they break. sides…plant will put effort into colas instead of stalk growth.
have you given it a shot of bloom enhancer lately? now would be a very good time.

if you grow indoors…you control the light and flowering period.

1 Like

My indoor grow of Blue Dream only got to 39” tall. After the entire drying process and curing, I yielded around 3.2oz. The cola was 19” tall. I’m growing more Blue Dream with better lights so I’m hoping for a better crop since the first one was under just 1 grow light.

1 Like

Yeah I’m not doing indoors, I started to do that once and then figured out that was going to increase the workload/ time investment considerably. I know there’s good reasons to grow inside I’ve weighed the pros and cons. Outside. :sunglasses:
As for fox farms they’ve been getting regular shots of that also, so.
Thanks for the words y’all. I think I’m going to give plant A an early harvest now. The reason being Because, lol. and let B and C chillout till Thanksgiving or whatever.