Why is my plant growing so slow?

So I started my first grow with a gg auto from ilgm under MARSHYDRO TS600 in a 2×2×4. Started germination on Oct 2 planted in 5 gallon pot on Oct 5. The little seedling popped out of soil on Oct 10. I’ve been watering it only when its dry but have no idea why my plant is growing so slow. This :arrow_down: is how it looks today Oct 24. I’m trying to figure out what I am doing wrong :thinking: Any advice is appreciated

3 Likes

Welcome,

The soil don’t seem the best for cannabis. As far as the plant not growing, she could be focusing on growing roots, Once she Has established roots she should take off.

Also keep an eye on your temperatures, I’ve had low temps slow seedling down

4 Likes

I was about to say the same about establishing roots. Mine do the same thing.

4 Likes

If you can fill out a support ticket it would help.And you can tag growers to get answers faster,like say @kellydans or @Myfriendis410.

2 Likes

Especially when starting in a big pot slower to take off at first I’ve noticed people already said it focusing on roots you’ll see one day an explosion of growth if everything kept in parameters and high humidity right now if you don’t know how to fill out a support ticket you can get a template and just copy paste and put in all your info. Lmk and I can attach one. @GrowbieOside

3 Likes

Strain; Type, Bag seed, ILGM… name of strain: White Widow ILGM starter kit

Age from Sprout: 14 days

Soil in pots, Hydroponic, or Coco / Brand and type of Soil & Size of Pots: DWC

How often do you water and how do you determine when to do so? Hydro system DWC

PH of water and runoff or solution in reservoir: 6.2

What is strength of nutrient mix? TDS=420:

Indoor or Outdoor: Indoor

Light system, size and height from plants: 600 wt LED and 300 wt Led approx 20 inches above plant

Temps; Day, Night: 74

Humidity; Day, Night: 46

Ventilation system; Yes, No, Size: oscillating fan

AC, Humidifier, De-humidifier: No

Co2; Yes

Here’s one erase the answers and plug in yours

2 Likes

Thanks alot I did not know what soil to use so I im using miracle grow.

Great I will do that right now

Yeah, miracle grow is not the best, what kind of miracle grow, dose it have slow release fertilizer ?

1 Like

I’d get it out of miracle grow ASAP not good for cannabis

Want something simple go foxfarms I made my own mix which has been killer so far that’s if you want to stay soil theirs coco hydro I started a hydro dwc bucket and never been happier so much more control gonna switch over to it completely soon as I move and have the space

Its the one with the potting mix

Seedling is a dark green may already have a dose of time release nitrogen from the Miracle Grow soil. You could save yourself trouble down the road by getting you some good cannabis friendly soil. Should be a easy transplant at this point. The seedling will develop a root system before you see a lot of foliage. Happy growing welcome to the community!

1 Like

@GrowbieOside

So I circle in red what seems to be the slow fertilizer release capsules, unfortunately there are many in that soil, as you water these capsules break down and slowly release fertilizer making it available to your plant, problem is with cannabis you want to be in control of the fertilizer

That sounds amazing. Ya I’m going to start my second grow soon just waiting to clear out some space, I will go fox farms then. I’m probably going to start it In a couple weeks

1 Like

@GrowbieOside Yeah if your going Fox farm happy frog, probably won’t need to add nutrients for 3-4 weeks, just ph your water to 6-6.5, and add calmag. Ocean forest tends to run hot so maybe 4-5 weeks

Keep an eye on your leaves she will tell you when she need more nutrients. Leaves nice and green leave her alone, starting to go light green, time to start feeding, maybe 1/4 to half strength on the nutrients to start, adjust as needed

2 Likes

Thats so good to know ya I’m going to start my new grow in a couple weeks so didn’t want to make the same mistakes again.

2 Likes