Why is my plant curling downward

1 Like

@Dnice hy welcome to the community
So far look like over watering and one of you plants had some pH problems or is hungry
Support ticket can help us to see what happen
@Covertgrower @BobbyDigital they had u cover

4 Likes

A few hydro growers have taught me a lil something something…

Hows your water level? How far from the ‘tray’ and how far from roots?

4 Likes

The water is just under the rocks

I have just changed out the old water with new nutrients and ph of 5.6

What were the old numbers?

1 Like

I checked it before I changed it was at 7 it went up because I always make sure it between 5-6

1 Like

And I have 3 different things growing purple haze fem is the topic of discussion the other one is gelato it seems to b doing good and I don’t know is it’s a fem auto or photo and I have just put a super skunk fem it has not sprout yet

1 Like

PH of 7 in hydro is WAYYYY outta range. Good call changing it back to 5.6

4 Likes

Water level needs to be 2-3 inches below the net pot. You need air between roots & water. I recently learned this myself.

2 Likes

It’s time to put those girls in their separate pots filll that basket up with Pebbles and get going

4 Likes

I run my pH at 5.8 to 5.85 during veg and now I am at 6 to start flower bump it up 1/10 each week of flower to 6.5 and then work your way back down to 6.2 or 6 and finish there. This is a new ph trial for me … I have always kept it 5.8 to 5.85

2 Likes

@NUG61 You the man brother! We could all learn from that set up! Haha!

3 Likes

Ok, your plants are dying because the roots are exposed. The light will kill the roots.

Best if you can cover the rr’s with hydroton.

At that stage of plant life, you have to be a little sparingly with the water until they get good and established.

I would not experiment with running a different ph as a new grower to hydro. Keep it around 5.8 depending on your brand of nutes. Some like Jack’s recommends running your ph at 6.0 in hydro. I would check with the manufacturer of the nutes you’re using but more than likely it is 5.8 is optimal.

And of corse, like mentioned above, one plant per bucket.

Good luck! Keep’em growin! :+1:t2::v::sunglasses:

4 Likes

@Awarth32 thank you… hahaha…" learn" yeah that’s what I’m trying to do. It’s definitely a process everyone has their own way of doing things and most all of them work. So what I have learned is that this particular weed is a very resilient. So make a game plan give it the right environment and food as best you can and treat her however you want to just don’t be too over-aggressive… haha me saying that after splitting the main trunk down the middle… but she did survive and that proves my point.:sunglasses:

2 Likes

@Awarth32 @Dnice I set my water level about a half inch below the net pot to allow air flow and allow the water root to grow. And this allows the bottom of the basket to also stay wet from the bubbles popping from aeration and misting the bottom of the net.

2 Likes

Duly noted brother! My girls aren’t in their final homes (buckets) yet, so I’ll take that into account. Hopefully everything arrives for my final set up on Friday.

2 Likes

Your gonna own it :sunglasses:

1 Like