Why is my month-old auto flower already showing terpenes?

I planted AK-47 a month ago (Happy Frog soil) and meanwhile harvested this year’s grow. The plant is around three inches tall and showing terpenes and hairs turning brown. Why is this happening?

Do you mean trichomes? Got a pic?

1 Like

Yes, sorry, new to this. Here is pic:

MARIANNE LEONE
www.marianneleonecooper.com
“My brain hums with scraps of poetry and madness”
—Virginia Woolf

Runty looking plant?

Well, for a month, not runty, certainly not ready to produce buds! I mean, I know it’s autoflowering, but….it’s about two inches.

MARIANNE LEONE
—Virginia Woolf

Looks like some kinda powdery mildew all over it? The lower leaves are juveniles and shouldnt normally produce trichomes.

3 Likes

But why is is flowering so soon?

MARIANNE LEONE
—Virginia Woolf

Because Autos tend to start flowering around 30 days above soil. At least from my experience.

2 Likes

Autos are on their own schedule. Most flower around 4-6 weeks. Gotta give them the best conditions possible, from the start, to get a lot.

1 Like

Wow. I grew two autoflowers this summer (Gorilla Glue) and that didn’t happen!! But now I will have to deal with whatever that is on the leaves…

MARIANNE LEONE
—Virginia Woolf

1 Like

Its probably weak genetics for this small Auto.

1 Like

Auto genetics are a little wonky still, too. Occasionally you get a runt or one that just doesn’t produce much. Not enough back crossing done yet and a lot of F1s out there.

I had very satisfactory harvests from my Gorilla Glue autoflowers. Just never saw leaves like this or flowering so soon. Thanks for your input.

MARIANNE LEONE
—Virginia Woolf

Does the white powder on the leaves wipe off?

More importantly, does it look like trichomes under magnification? I highly doubt the lower leaves are trichomed up? But maybe? Ive seen wierd weed?

2 Likes

Looks like you have a spider mite attack. It could be the reason it’s flowering early.

Assuming it was mildew, I used a spray of milk diluted with water. The two plants seem to be doing okay now….we shall see. But I will look up spider mites and see if that applies. Thanks for your response.

MARIANNE LEONE
—Virginia Woolf

1 Like