Why is mixing large batch

Why is mixing large batch of spinosad a no no? I have the concentrate:

But it says to only mix what I’m using that day. Is there a reason for that, or does it degrade fast?

1 Like

It’s an active bacillus I assume is dormant in original packaging and has short half-life mixed with water. It’s so cheap it’s easy to do: I just use a Home Depot hand sprayer. It atomizes really well which is ideal.

1 Like

Yeah, I’m using a sprayer @Myfriendis410. The batch I made a few weeks ago was twice as much as I needed and just kept it in the sprayer. I’ll just dump it and make a fresh batch. When these ladies start flowering (in three weeks) I should avoid this stuff, correct? Maybe switch to bt instead?

no spinosad is safe to use up to last couple weeks of flower finish as far as I understand it. As is BT. I will be spraying BT 4 times during flowering, the first was done today. BT is specifically for worms and caterpillars, whereas spinosad is a swiss army knife biological treatment for thrips, aphids, caterpillars and leaf miners. It isnt super good at any one thing but oretty good at them all. BT is very good at killing caterpillars and worms but useless at the rest
If you plan on remaining organic, these 2 options are the best, you could use pyrethrins but they are toxic and I would only use them during veg and only as a last ditch effort during a massive infestation.
Oh depending on the pest neem oil is pretty decent too but it taste really bad, so you definitely dont want to use it on your flowers.

1 Like

Nice, the only thing I run into are looper caterpillars and tree jumpers (which seem to be worse this year compared to previous years) little shits chew around the stems leaving a black line. If they chew around a leaf stem, the leaf collapses. I’ve been going out and doing my best to hand pick them and squish them, but they’re fast. Not sure if there’s a spray for those f**ks but I’m in the market.

1 Like

Maybe neem will change their minds, it tastes really bad.

1 Like