Why is Amnesia Haze growing this way

This is a “stunted” wwa. I forgot the cup ring i used to pot the rapid rooters.I know for a fact LEDS too close to yound autos will stunt them bc i have a buddy who hadd all his plants look like 9" bud lollipops from it. Other then errors ive made the smallest prior to these stunted ones was like 50 or 55grams i think. I dont have time to look back for exact numbers at the moment but it wasnt less then 60grms up to 80grms on wwa from ilgm
And while all ILGM autos are fem. And most , “most” others are too, but not all of them a few seed banks offer reg. Auto seeds.
Ive heard that not all autos are so stable, but the wwa from ilgm is pretty on point.

2 Likes

Got the tags mixed up @dbrn32 yeah.

1 Like

@OldSkunk

I also think you have a bit of a phosphorous deficiency

You’re leaf…

Phosphorous deficient leaf…
P

Plants need P to grow big buds, that might explain a little bit of your problem here in flower. And like I said, that’s just how it looks to me, I could be wrong.

1 Like

@Soilgrowth was right. For some reason I thought she was 6 weeks old, but was actually 12 weeks so she’s done. It’s a good thing I started keeping a notebook on these grows. I flushed her 5 days ago and hung her upside down 4 hours ago. I was giving her Kool Bloom dry at 2-45-28 for the last couple of weeks. I guess she just stopped eating @TDubWilly

1 Like

That purp in the leaves is when the roots are gone and the plant is useing the fats and sugars it has stored up. A green plant is never done.

1 Like

To me if you feed an auto before 35 days old unless in hydro you went wrong. Seeds are seeds what you feed is the end result

1 Like

Are you asking me a question about how good they look or are you telling me FACTS in your reply.

1 Like

If it is just your opinion that’s fine if you would like any opinions on anything just ask mate it’s all about information and getting all the experiences that you can and just go for it mate.

Sorry for the late response @dbrn32 I somehow missed your post about the light I made for veg.

It’s not a good picture, but you get the idea. The new plants seem to be doing good under it.

1 Like

No worries. Throwing some cold whites in with the 3000k led bulbs would probably help keep them a little shorter if you wanted to. Otherwise if it’s performing to your liking I wouldn’t worry about it too much.

@dbrn32 I think I might have that covered. Three of the t5s are 6400k and 2 of them are 4000k. The LED spots are 3000k. I guess I should put them under the “real” LED lights next week. The youngest plants are about 4 weeks old.

1 Like

For the most part. Because the majority of your light intensity is from the 3000k leds, the colder t5’s barely make a bump in the overall spectral performance of your complete light arrangement. When you couple that with a the fluorescent being a weaker light source and they appear to be further away, they’ll add even less.

Not to say that your arrangement isn’t good, or you did anything wrong. But for a dedicated veg space you could get a little tighter node spacing if you wanted to. If you’re pretty happy with the performance, keep on rocking it just how it is.

1 Like

I wanted to give this setup a try to see how they veg this time. Here’s the latest Amnesia Haze auto.

It looks at this growth stage to be about same as the one I started this thread about.

4 Likes

I’m definitely not an expert, but I’m doing autos for my next grow. Just about everything I’ve read says to keep the lights at 18/6 or 20/4. Maybe that’s causing the issue?

@blackthumbgreen sorry for jumping in i have grown auto’s im no expert but they are very easy to grow and in a quicker time to keep you top up when you wait for your girls to finish lol.

How old is that? Also not an expert on autos, But this isnt my first rodeo. I have 10 ama mixed in my garden at the moment. The only time i dont run 18/6 under my real lights is when the are just planted, then for like 1wk. I keep them under the clfs. Its hard to give exact # but approx. 4 seedlings under each 60-100watt clf only a few inches away. During this time i have the lights one 24/7. I am in limited height rooms so i raise the bigger lights about 2-2 1/2 ft.(as high as i can get em) when i take clfs out and turn them on. Then i lowerer them to the sweet spot. A little higher might coax them to stretch if u wanted but at a certain point it is too far and the plant gets spindly and thin. If u want shorter, more compact plants kepping the lights as close as u can with out signs of heat stress,burns or bleaching. This is general though, some strains are differnt, if using seeds some pheno’s just shoot for the stars no matter were the lights are while others maybe bushes, but for most part i’ve found its accurate. The thing ive found with autos is to get the biggest overall yeilds, you have to get them as big as possible very early since they have such a short life span. So i think with autos the “seedling into veg” is most important time span in deciding how big the plant ends up being. Keep in mind at 90 days 4wks is 1/3. Of its life.Not saying they dont keep growing they do.
Then when they start to really flower, i lower the lights alittle every other day till i see first signs of heat stress, the very tips of the top leaves show it first usually. Then i raise them bk up n inch or two. Not saying your doing anything wrong! Just offering up some info.

2 Likes

@Familyman420 I have 1 amnesia haze and 3 northern lights about 3 weeks old under a homemade light that’s 450 watts and I can see already that 2 are going to be kind of bushy and 2 are going to look like the picture I started this post with. I like the fact that they are ready weeks before my regular plants. I just finished trimming the AH I started this post about and got 8g from it. I will say that it is literally mind numbing smoke that will put you to sleep very quickly. I’m not going to give up on the autos yet. Maybe I’ll learn how to grow them right.

2 Likes

Nice! Keep at it. Keep reading. You will get it to the point your satisfied. Autos can be kind of finicky, but its possible to pull 2oz average. One of my wwa last grow i pulled 75+ grms off it.
My aha are bigger plants then the wwa. Im very excited to harvest and get to try the smoke. I really like others from the haze family.
Maybe give the white widow autos a try, they are easy to grow and seem to decent harvest. I have 2 grow journals on auto flower grows and experiments with them.

2 Likes

I’m growing both of the Widows (chronic and white) in the regular feminized version this time along with 2 Trainwreck clones and 2 Gold Leaf. I have a feeling I’m really going to like the Chronic Widow for my chronic pain.

2 Likes

Nice! Gold leaf seems to grow like it wants to be monsters, im also vegging some of it. Ill def. follow along. I’ve had my eye on the chronic widow for a while now. I haven’t tried ilgm’s trainwreck but i did like train wreck every time Ive had it, the crazy train oil is one of my fav. morning smokes.
I’ve grow alot of photo-ww, ALOT for quite a few years. I love it! Love to grow it. Great for sog single cola plants or LST’d down into bushes.
Happy growing !

2 Likes