Why hasn't my purple bud turned purple any tips or thoughts

So this is my first time trying this out and after a few challenges I’ve got close to what looks like decent bud only problem being that its ment to be purple and mine definitely are not am I missing something here or is it just a chance thing on whether or not u get the desired colour, here’s a few pics only around 2-3weeks left till harvest

3 Likes

Sometimes you need to bring the temps in the room down in order to bring out the colors that you’re asking about… just depends on the phenotype That You’re dealing with…

:v::sunglasses:

6 Likes

I’ve read that you have to bring night Temps down in high 50’school during mid to late flower

2 Likes

So I will see some colour change if I get the temp down during lights off, me been dumb thought it would just turn that colour naturally, cheers for the help :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

No problem @dibbz anytime hope it works out

1 Like

So do I I already have all heating to the room turned off constantly anyways just going to add extra fan and hope it does the trick

1 Like

Mid 60’s will do the trick usually but sometimes it’s simply the genes for the colour are not dominant

4 Likes

@Donaldj I checked this morning and it was 61 just before lights on I bought the seeds from a seed bank n their pics look amazing almost pink looking buds but my girls just ain’t having non of it i bought them for the colour but at least they’ve worked its only my first try I’m sure il get better at it as I go along, cheers for the info, I’m going to do some more educating today and how to get the colour out of the buds is my main topic thanks again for the info I appreciate it

2 Likes

If it is cold in the grow room you can open the tent up couple hours before lights come on… If it’s dark in there…

I use the room for other things so I cant do that I’ve added another fan plus going to leave windows open keep it nice n cool in there see if that makes any difference

2 Likes

Get your dark period colder if it is going to happen thats how but they look great
I keep my dark period at 63-65 and i just started a purp strain it a auto so im hoping for purp colors

1 Like

I haven’t really paid it to much attention unless its real high or too low it was 61 in there last night but I couldn’t tell you what it has been other then that I’m going to keep my eye on it and just hope I see some of those lush colours I know she’s capable of, hope yours go purp buddy, any suggestions on strains that turn colour easily guys?

@Brian091180 are you doing a journal? If so what’s it called id like to see how yours turn out

1 Like

They are still seedling but it is called
Narco Purp Autos

1 Like

Found it, Il be watching to see if you can pull the colour change off and pinch a few tips off you along the way, I was going to get autos but I heard you get less bud off them is this true also what are the actual benefits of growing a auto compared to a feminized

1 Like

temp was 66 this morning so i doubt ill see any colour change but the girls are getting frosty now

6 Likes

It’s more about keeping the night time lower, one or two nights won’t do it . Not from what I’ve read any way, it advised to keep themselves that low for an extended period

5 Likes

Yeah I read up on it last night what I can gather it needs to be the last 2-3weeks and the info I was looking at said 50 or just below that’s not going to be possible this time around bit gutted but so long as the smokes nice I’m happy

3 Likes

Autos seed to harvest about 75 days the ones i have are 75 days that is and small harvest …not at all …i dont really well with them and dont have to worry about light change or type just turn on the light and go it all happens on there time schedule 18-6 to 24-0 for lights just dont mess with them just let them grow natural 3 to 5 oz dry is about the normal havest for me so far
Hope this helps