Why Freeze curing

I was wondering about freeze curing…?? Is that the best way?I’ve got mine in Mason jars now just in a darker space. Am I doing it wrong?

4 Likes

First of all welcome to the forum, you will love it here. Cracking bunch with amazing knowledge and so willing to share as well :sunglasses:.
Can’t help on the freezer thing but I cure mine in jars with no issue at all. I know some do freeze after curing as a long term storage solution though, maybe that’s what you’ve read about.

2 Likes

Welcome to the community @Stef420

3 Likes

Freezing too soon will essentially stop your cure at that point.
But it is a good idea for longer term storage after cure as @Davyg said above.
It can last up to a couple years frozen and still be fine but too much time after that it will start to lose some of the flavour.
And welcome to the neighborhood. :+1:
:v::pray:

6 Likes

Welcome to the community ! I like to cure in jars for 30 days before my first sample. Personally for me Freezer would be for long-term storage.

3 Likes

Oh ok thank u. So I been curing in Mason jars about 2 weeks and I burp themcdaily. Is that the right way? Thank you

4 Likes

Thank you​:heavy_heart_exclamation::heavy_heart_exclamation: I’m loving the community so far. And thank you I read in the Bible about freeze cure. Thought it was a little strange to do that. Lol . Thank u again

2 Likes

Thank you. I sure do appreciate all the feedback y’all. And I’m loving this :grinning:

3 Likes

I like to use a 62% humidity packet in each jar. No burping required.

1 Like

Stef I advocate for burping those jars. I actually leave the tops off for 10-15 mins and let it breathe before sealing back up. Like OldGuy said Don’t freeze til you’re done curing. Also if you’re gonna freeze em a deep freeze chest is best.

I’ve Never tried curing with the Boveda packs, tbh I like my smoke drier than the %62 that everyone goes with.

4 Likes