Why did my seedling limp from one day to the other?

Hey Guys
I had found these seeds in some Buds and this Seedling was growing fine, just a little slower than the other one and with a purple stem ( i believe from some kind of nutrient deficieny but i hoped it wouldnt matter)
The leaves just all went limp from one day to another
i believe its underwatered? i just spray the dirt 1-2 a day, when the tops dry, I gave it more water yesterday(last pic) but im not sure…
(1st pic is from 10 minutes ago)

The other seedling looks fine except for some slight discoloration:

I hope someone can help me and i can still save the little g

4 Likes

Welcome to the ILGM forum @platinumhaze.

Maybe someone will post a support ticket for you to fill out.
Perhaps an overnight temperature excursion but the other seedling was not affected.
Let’s see about getting some skilled diagnosticians in here for you.
@dbrn32 @kellydans @Covertgrower @AfgVet @MattyBear @kaptain3d @Bulldognuts

There are many, many other folks that can likely help but these come to mind at the moment.

6 Likes

Welcome aboard. Here ya go.

Answer these simple questions the best you can.
If you do not know, or do not use something; Just say so = NA

Strain; Type, Bag seed, or NA

Soil in pots, Hydroponic, or Coco?
System type?

PH of runoff or solution in reservoir?

What is strength of nutrient mix? EC, or TDS

Indoor or Outdoor
Light system, size?

Temps; Day, Night

Humidity; Day, Night

Ventilation system; Yes, No, Size

AC, Humidifier, De-humidifier,

Co2; Yes, No

Add anything else you feel would help us give you a most informed answer. Feel free to elaborate, but short, to the point questions and facts will help us help you smile

5 Likes

Thanks @storm I knew someone would bail me out on the ticket.

3 Likes

Grin. Bored to tears and sucking in info here.

2 Likes

Welcome to the forum.

This is normal. Seedlings don’t have nute deficiencies. The little cotyledon leaves contain all of the nutrients a seedling needs. Most good cannabis soils don’t require that nute be added for 4 to 6 weeks.

What are you using for soil?

The most common cause of seedling problems is overwatering. Be sure to let the soil dry between waterings. Seedlings only require maybe 2 - 3ml of water a day.

7 Likes

Hay there, thx for the reply
Well this was a first try, i found some 1-2y old seeds that i had found in buds.
I just bought a full spectrum light with 130W and cheap standard flower soil that i read also works for weed.
I found a place now that sells the right soil tho its kinda far away (biobizz and plagron) i will use it for the next plants.
i germinated them in coco tabs. out of like 10 seeds it was 3 plants that made it,
the dying one is Golden Haze, and next to all the beautiful buds, there was only “ugly” kinda deformed small bud with 5 seeds.
The healthy plant is another strain, but idk which.
The plants are in my room, its winter in Europe, sometimes i open the window cuz i smoke, i just put a cup of water next to the plant to vaporize… im growing pretty casual atm but i see that more effort will bring more results so im intrigued…

I was sure it was a problem with the water, tho i wasnt sure if i had over or underwatered it. Since its all limp and not just “droopy”

I was hoping ‘not having the best conditions’ would maybe make them stronger.
is that never the case ?

The third seedling had died of root rot like a week ago,
do u think im keeping the dirt too wet for too long

Overwatering is the cause of root rot.

4 Likes

Im using cheap flower soil atm but i will get the right one for the next plant.
the third seedling died of rootrot last week, u think it looks like im giving water too often?
because it can hardly be too much, how i spray it.

My fear is that i think its underwatered and drench it, but it was actually overwatered.
Or that its none of these and i hurt the plant by adding water.

Brand and type? Some soils are too heavy on nutes for cannabis. Miracle Grow and Vigaro are examples that are bad for cannabis.

Yeah i just remembered the root rot, so i drew a parallel there, with the overwatering but i wouldnt have noticed. i feel like not watering the plant for 1-2days and if it gets worse theres nothing i can do?

The soil i used for the noname was super cheap, i dont remember the brand. the dying g is in compo sana quality flower dirt
and in a lot smaller pot. i put the other one directly in the big pot, this one in this small repotting thing.

would you say, if im watering the noname correctly, that the g needs a lot less water ?
cuz ive been giving them more or less the same, a little more to the big pot maybe

Seedlings only need a couple ml of water per day.

Once your cannabis has matured, flood the soil and then let it dry out completely. Cannabis prefers wet/dry cycles.

1 Like

Yeah i thought i was doing cycles but apparently the small pot plant needs a lot less water
What that? like 1 spray a day?xD

Don’t spray the plant to water it. Give it an ounce or two of water in a circle an inch or two from the stem. If all you have done is sprayed then she’s probably drying out

3 Likes