Why can't I edit my comments or posts?

Can someone tell me why I can no longer edit my comments on my post? When I click on the the dots that bring up options, the little pencil is no longer there. I have refreshed the page and even closed out the site and opened it again, and I still don’t have the edit option on my post.

1 Like

It’s not available to me on this post either. :question:

hmm… I can edit still. Maybe it’s a permissions issue? @garrigan62 Not sure who handles that?

I was wondering if maybe you are only allowed so many edits for a certain time period or something, kinda like replies and likes when you are new. I used to edit my comments just fine on the post that you have been helping me with, but not anymore. When I click the 3 dots, it only brings up share, flag, bookmark and delete.

And that includes this post also.

I thought I read a few days ago where that had been fixed? Think I seen it on the sideways photos thread. :disappointed:

Nope, I cant edit either.

1 Like

Good to know then that it’s a problem with the site since I’m not the only one. Apparently, it is affecting only some of us and not everyone. Thanks, Rugar! :relieved:

1 Like

@BIGE @Countryboyjvd1971 can you guys edit your posts today?

I had the same problems as all of you… @latewood was the person to fix my issues… maybe he can help here as well… :wink:
Thank you in advance @latewood

:v: :sunglasses:

1 Like

i believe i can…
yes,i can bob…

Have not been able to for a couple of days now, you not alone my friend!

1 Like

I thinks it’s a user based permission that got changed recently. Let’s see what @garrigan62 can figure out!

@bob31

got a problem editing do ya? You shouldn’t… At the end of each there are 3 I-con’s the one with 3 dot’s is the one you click looks like this … but it only appear’s after you hit reply by clicking those 3 dots you should be able to edit you last post…

if that dosn’t work let me know and i’ll get to the bottom of it.

Even though I didn’t get any of those " BABY BACK RIBS " LMAO

Will

1 Like

You made my mouth water at the mere mention, Will. @garrigan62 lol. Next time I will make enough for everyone! Lmao!

I can edit but it looks like our newer users can’t. Looks like user permissions for the site?

My little pencil (edit) is right where it always was!

I didn’t know or realize that it was for a new member. they have to earn there way up as in ,…posting…giving likes and so on and then after a while they will get bumped up to where they can do alot of things…they have to earn their way up

P.S I was just kidding about the ribs or was I…hhhhmmmmmm
Will

2 Likes

@garrigan62 I’ve only been a member for 26 days, but I’ve been able to edit my posts up until a few days ago. I even have a badge that I got for editing a post.

And I got that badge nine days ago.

@Rugar89

Was on the phone with Latewwood Admin. and he wants you to contact him.
No worries, he will explain to you what mite be going on.

Will

1 Like

How would I go about contacting him? Sorry about the noob question since there isn’t a PM box. Should I just tag him in a post somewhere? If so where? Or maybe just tag him here? @garrigan62 @latewood

Thanks!