Why can’t I smell that smell?

I’m only a couple weeks from harvest and I still can’t smell it. I’m growing Black Widow feminized photo ILGM strain. It supposed to have a skunky smell. Shouldn’t it be running me out the house by now? @MattyBear @Covertgrower @Hungrybud @dbrn32

5 Likes

Some strains have no smell, but most do any chance of a photo in natural light.

3 Likes

@Hungrybud

7 Likes

Is there much frosting on the plants, cannot see too close, does the smell come onto your fingers if you touch the buds? Do you have many fans directed onto them? In saying all that they look good.

5 Likes

There sticky icky loaded wit trichs all crystal clear. I can’t explain what it smells like. The pistols are turning orange. I keep a fan on.

5 Likes

I’ve never grown Black Widow but have White Widow Autos. I ran into the same no smell thing with indoor and out grows. Others here have posed to same questions about WW not having a smell. In my case if I squeezed the buds there was a smell and when breaking up the dry bud the smell come through. Otherwise doesn’t have a strong smell. Maybe it is something that runs in Widow strains.
Just my stoned perspective. My WWA is some very fine smoke though.

11 Likes

All that aside…i have heard its a great smoke, please let us know the results as it does not look far away.
Or you can pinch a bud off down low and let us know now!! lol

6 Likes

Hey mine is awesome already. I been cheating and stealing a bud here and there lol. But I figured this was gonna stink up the whole house. I’m growing wide open in a bedroom. And was thinking I was gonna have to get filtration to get rid of the smell

4 Likes

@Hungrybud I been pinching and it already very very good not so much on smell and taste yet but I hope the dry and cure stage will fix all that. :sunglasses::v::call_me_hand:

4 Likes

@Hungrybud here’s a pic from yesterday

4 Likes

Let it run its coarse mate, some do this for some reason but the main thing is the end product, and it sounds like you have a great end product.

3 Likes

Thanks my friend :v::call_me_hand:

1 Like

No worrys mate always here to help when we can.

2 Likes

I just did this. I keep clipping the bottom feeders off and they keep coming back. Wife told me to not throw them out she wanted to try them. Told her that was a bad idea as I still have at least 4 weeks to go. Smoked them without proper dry or cure and actually got stoned. It wasn’t harsh and smelled and tasted like weed. Couldn’t believe it

10 Likes

Sounds good the higher up the plant you go the better the smoke, food for thought :dizzy_face:

4 Likes

@Hungrybud that explains a lot I only been picking the low ones cause the top ones look to damn good to cut lol :call_me_hand:

3 Likes

Yeah the lower buds don’t develop the same terpenes as the top ones.
In regards to the top flowers, some have more smells than others. It’s all in the phenotype, and they all smell different. Some stronger than others. @Dman1969

7 Likes

Wouldn’t sweat it too much. Let them finish up properly, then dry and run decent cure on them.

4 Likes

Thanks will do :v::call_me_hand:

3 Likes

I’m doing a single Sour Daddy auto at my townhouse that is into the 2nd week of flowering and also zero odor, I sure hope it stays that way …

4 Likes