Why are my stems Purple

Is there a reason the stems of the fan leaves are purple? Like a deficiency for a toxicity?

1 Like

got any pics? usually direct light will change the colors from green to red/ purple

2 Likes

4 Likes

My stems are almost always purple. At least on more mature plants.

5 Likes

Like @HMGRWN said.

3 Likes

they look good but might be hungry

2 Likes

@mangold0318 I agree the colors are very normal here. The wilt is concerning. Are they thirsty or is it bedtime?

2 Likes

Close to bed time and I had watered her a bit earlier. This plant is the problem child. Run off ph is good. TDS got a little low got that back up. She drinks like an alcoholic. But she is always kinda droopy. Fast forward to today she looks better. Took forever to come into flower also. Started these together granted they are different strains.

2 Likes

All look like they are showing off their colors. I think they are either hungry or thirsty.

2 Likes

On behalf of alcoholics everywhere, we can be good producers too!! Don’t you worry what happens when the lights go out. We’ll be ready for work on time most days when they come on. :partying_face: :rofl:

2 Likes

Purple stems nothing to worry about. Check weight of the pots To determine when you need to water. Good luck :v:

2 Likes

What strain you growing cause with strains you will get the purple stems due to genetics but purple stems can indicate a deficiency of some sort lile magnesium i watch a you tube video about this i believe if u go and have a look at icanthc YouTube channel there is a video he done that explains why this happens

3 Likes

My B Banner Auto looks exactly like this too, like its always thirsty.

@Citizen-Jane Then give that girl what she wants lol!! I’m getting set to drop some BB myself, how you liking it? How far in are you on this grow?

Welcome to Club Canna!! Plenty of fantastic grows going on in here with everyone all set on group wins!!
Post some pics of your ladies!!

Thanks! I have 3 BBs in flower and 3 Trippy Gorillas in vege in another tent. No real probs so far except the thirsty BB (who is the biggest). My 1st indoor grow.

Makes perfect sense after that lol