Why are my seedlings dying?

I’ve grown white widow outside with good results. But because we are spending the summer in Alaska I wanted to get a plant or two to harvest before we leave in June, so I’m trying to get them started I the house…but… they sprout, hang their head and die. I use same soil that I use in my greenhouse in the spring/summer. I soaked three seeds last week. Only 1 cane up 4 days ago and died. I see a leaf just breaking ground on number 2 and nothing from number 3. Right now I just have them in my kitchen counter that gets nice southern exposure. Temperature fluctuates a bit, but averages 69-70F Once they got up about 2” I was going to put grow light on them, but they dont like me. I’m fast loosing my grow window. Please help. I’m going to soak another seed today and pull old soil from a pot I used last year that made a monster white widow for this seed. I’ll flush the soil with some diluted miracle grow, which has been my tried and true method for getting seeds growing in my green house.

1 Like

The main thing with seedlings is, dont have a growing media with nutes in it, Do not over water the seedling.

3 Likes

heat - humidity - i know my seedlings were stagnant at 70 degrees but doubled in a day at 75.

1 Like

I wouldn’t soak your soil with miracle gro, seedlings don’t need any nutrients. I’m wondering if cool temps and not enough light aren’t culprit.

4 Likes

I’m living proof miracle grow and seedlings don’t mix @dbrn32 & @Hungrybud got u covered :v::sunglasses::call_me_hand:

3 Likes

In my opinion organic soil with worm castings is the best way to go. Fox farm trio is a good food. It’s working really well for me. Just follow there feeding schedule. Good luck and happy growing. :sunglasses::v::call_me_hand:

3 Likes

suggest you start the seedlings in a grow cube or plug…until the roots explode out the sides.
then move to LOOSE FLUFFY SOIL. Dense soil makes it hard for seedlings to grow massive roots.

2 Likes