Why are my marijuana plants growing so slowly

Absolutely! @dbrn32

3 Likes

Honestly I’ve never had much luck with LED lights. I have better luck with flouresants . But a 400w HPS would kick it into gear. You have to remember if they don’t respond to the lights it’s not gonna Intake food therefore no growth. I can Grow a pretty decent size plant in 4 wks !! I’d say try a flouresant grow light like a 48” with about 8 bulbs in it and it will grow pretty good but I haven’t flowered with a flouresant I still use a HPS for flower. You can’t beat them. Fir the price. I’ve seen at my grow store a couple new style COB led’s that look cool and they say they are great but it’s a white light not colored. Your trying to represent the sun and it’s not purple. I don’t know. I know some will b angry with me but the good led lights are very expensive. More than a HPS . Just my opinion get a different light.

There is an industry-wide problem with LED light manufacturers claiming their light is 1000 watts while it only draws 250 watts from the wall. Similar claims for all sizes of LED lights. Some are worse than others. So you really need to look at the fine print and see how much power it draws. You need about 35 watts per square foot for good vegetative growth, 50 watts per square foot for healthy flowering. With less light, you get wispy buds with just a few ounces per square meter.

1 Like

Well I guess that’s why I have steered away from them because they cost a lot and I really don’t know a lot about them or the light spectrum. At my store the guy told me that same light could b used fir veg and flwr so that’s another saving in bulbs. I would reall y like to use them but I need hard evidents that what im buying is good. So I’ll get more info on the ones I’m talking about and see what you all think. There was no writing on this thing so I’ll need to find it’s box at the store.

@vinnya we are all just trying to help you
Your stunting the growth of your plant @bob31 bring ip another good point your pot sizes
They are small ok for early stages but will stunt growth eventually
a small led panel 45 watt or t5 fixture is all you need for germination
Once you have 3-5 nodes or sets of true leaves you want to transplant to larger pot 5 gal or larger for photo and 2-3 gal pots fir autos and put under you bigger lights
You mentioned you had light close to plants early on 1000 watts is alot for a young plants they simply dont need 40 hours of light a day they cant even use that much light at that stage
Try going with the 18-6
All plants need rest
pressures change in the stem at night allowing for nutrient up take and what not
I think a few videos on how a plant works would be a good idea to research have a great day and haopy growing
:v: CB :cowboy_hat_face:

7 Likes

On CH crises break, gone a take time to jump in :wink: IMG_20180125_124052

The yellow tips and margins of the leaves may also be light stress and the beginning of light burn @vinnya, so the guys gave you great advise, switch to 18/6 light schedule…

Cannabis plant will double in size in flowering stage when gave appropriate care and needs fufilled.

And agressive early defoliation in seedling / sprouting and early vegetative stage is never recommand, it cause to much stress and the growth will stunt, and your right about that lead to bushier plant, not taller one…

Plant need daily night resting (24 hrs cycle) time to grow at their full potential. The light cycle you choose and been recommand (40/8) may work on subartic plants but even then it will most probably lead to some problems. The other members gave you great answers to why plants need rest in a 24 hours light cycle and in pots size recommandations, you most probably have under 3 gallons pots (11 L)

Welcome to ILGM forum :grinning: and have a happy growth

~Al :v: :innocent:

And I don’t see RH reading, what’s the humidity level in day and night ?

It should be between 70 and 77% door close, 62 and 72% door open, for the day cycle and between 57 and 72% in night cycle for optimum transpiration (VPD chart) at the temperature you gave us, and at this stage of growth.

8 Likes

One other thing cfl lights are good for veg but not flowering also color spectrum is important
3100k flower 4100k veg just a fyi

6 Likes

I have just about committed every mistake that this post contains.
It is important to understand the simple biology of the plant.

1. It will grow at 63°. Growth rate varies with temps.
  2. Medium: this does have impact but NOT as vital. Just remember how to feed.
  3. Lighting-vital. Why? Photosynthesis. Manipulating a plants growth cycle by altering light will cause the plant to mutate which may look cool but more than likely deminish the genetics and strength of plant.
  4. How tough is the plant? They are incredibly tough. If anyone has ever been exposed to raw tobacco plant life they can relate to durability of plant as well as height and girth.
  5. Water- water is vital. It is critical to balance the amount of water intake to light or heat.
    Finally weed is a living breathing plant you can drown it smother it suffocate it and poison it.
    JUST LIKE ANYTHING ELSE ALIVE! do not continuously pick leaf or clip clones constantly!
    Elsewise good luck.
7 Likes

Al, you the man!! @Niala

3 Likes

I dint know about everybody else. But I have to do the stuff to understand sometimes. If your a beginner start of small and basic and work up to all the other things as you grow. It’s a big job to take care of these babies so you want to make sure you are willing to take the time to learn and care fir the plants. But once you start and get a killer harvest your hooked. Plus all the other things you can do with a plant is a plus too . But most everyone makes mistakes growing that’s how you learn . Try everything with caution until you know what it’s about. But if you keep up in your plant you will catch thing usually before they go to bad so just stay on them and you will b good

5 Likes

To much light to fast maybe just start with fluorescent lights they are so much kinder to seedling and eareveg plants but please full out the details so all these great people can and will get you right :v:

2 Likes

Did you read what I wrote? How can I fit THREE five gallon buckets in a 2 foot by 3 foot closet??? Again, you didn’t read my comment. I said I used 1000 WATT LED LIGHTS which throw off hardly any heat, so why should I put all that water in there so they get root rot? And the root systems are small yet. I dug one up to see what the problem was (whether it was too wet) and the root system was not very big. That is why I have been using super thrive, which has vitamin b1 for the root system to try and stimulate root growth.

Five gallon pots are way to big for a two foot by three foot closet. I check the ph by removing a small sample of soil at the root.

It draws 185 watts. It also has a full spectrum, which cfls did not have.

They aren’t seedlings. They are approx six weeks old. They seem very healthy but they are just small. I guess I could keep them to about a foot or so before flowering. I have a friend who grew a blueberry plant, just one, in a five gallon bucket. The plant was a clone I provided to him. It grew to about a foot or so, then flowered and we wound up with about three ounces. But it never finished and never had that great blueberry smell. It was good, but not great, like it should be. We even extended it a bit because the trichomes never got cloudy.

I don’t know the exact humidity, but it is somewhere between 50 and 70 percent, since it is in a basement, which has a tendency to be damp.

That’s because you’re removing the leaves which the plant needs to collect energy to grow roots. My plants look like the isn’t much going on for a week or two … because it’s building roots.

5 Likes

I don’t think you’re understanding pot size. A full size, photo period plant needs a 5 gallon pot. I also thought if the hydro guys can hey away with tiny pots, why do I need a gallon pot? After I got that out of my system and had stunted plants, I quit trying to provloope something, went to 5 gallon buckets and have had good plants ever since. The problem you have is your tent is too small for the number of plants you want to grow.

1 Like

5 gallon bucket have around 12" diameter , it’s standard and can easily fit in your 2×3 grow space in a triangle formation, for your information, you don’t have to be rude and insolent in your comment to @bob31, @vinnya… If you have indeed a 2×3…

You can go with 5 gallons smart pots made in tissues, easily too…

And you have to know the RH % of your grow space, you’ll find that it is very different from your living space…

And if you want our help, please be more kind… And try not be so selfish…

We are friendly here and it has to stay that way…

I wish you a Happy Growing…

~Al :v: :innocent:

9 Likes

Well it’s the best I have right now since I am not working. I am going to have to deal with it.

1 Like